My Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aemorrow5401 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Honda Civic

Hi to all who view this but I had a couple of questions about fixing and making my 2002 Honda Civic LX into a all around better car. I purchased the car about a month ago for a first car to help aid in my knowledge into cars. From what I've noticed is that there are a couple of problems with the car and some things that I personally not certain off. For starters the air conditioner isn't blowing cold air, the car shifts hard(before I replaced the brackets that are attached to the mounts), there might be possible water damage in the car(the drivers side carpet is always wet, the gas cap door doesn't latch, and the car is missing screws and bolts that hold the panels together. I want to get the main things done to the car before the car I get into the "fun" parts of making the car. Here are some pictures of the car(and if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them):

Old 04-18-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: My Honda Civic

Welcome.

AC might just need a charge or it could have a leak. You can try to charge and see how it goes.
Was the transmission fluid ever replaced? If unsure I would drain and fill with Honda ATF. This could smooth out the shifting.
7th gen's have head gasket issues so keep an eye on the temp gauge.
Also when was the timing belt done? If not known best to replace it.
Old 04-18-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of possible reasons AC doesn't work. Can't just name one thing to do, needs careful troubleshooting which starts with understanding how this particular system works, and some careful observation to get started in the right direction

Water leaks need to be tracked to find the true source, which may be simple or hair pulling.
After the leak is actually fixed, the carpet needs pulled so it can be cleaned and dry out or else it will mildew and stink, if it doesn't already stink.

Fuel door, could have started with a bad cable so someone just removed the cable end from the fuel door area so they can put gas in it....now they can ignore the cable problem. Free LOL

Check for needed recalls ASAP!
Old 04-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aemorrow5401 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've already gotten the car checked for recalls and it's already cleared for that
But I plan on fixing it up tho and adding up little bit of power to it after all the other things and kinks are dealt with, any recommendations?