Have 2 05 civics

Old 02-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JaVelin.x is an unknown quantity at this point
Have 2 05 civics

Hi folks.

I have 2 civic sedans one has a smashed engine and we are scrapping it. What are the Parts I should keep off it before it goes. I haven't had any trouble with either one until the engine went on the gold one. But I'm wondering what is the valuable stuff to keep. The one part I need for the blue one is a spoIler led brake light and the scrapper doesn't have it lol. Everything else is the same though, except the colour.
Old 02-17-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,121 Likes on 936 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Have 2 05 civics

Both same engine + trans?
if so keep the ecu, immobilizer, and a key as a spare set.
Rad, AC components.
All the suspension + brake parts,
what exactly failed on the engine?
Is the head still good?
Alternator, compressor, power steering pump, starter and trans if the same as the other car, sub frame if you're in a rusty area.
Fuel tank + pump, evap canister,
Cat, exhaust manifold, muffler.
Basically anything that isn't body related
Old 02-17-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ah, refresh all the parts you keep while they are out of the car.
The next time you need them, you will be able to simply swap them out.
I have my old lower control arm in the shelve, but replaced the bushings, so next time a bushing go, it's remove and install.

keep also cluster? lights? bumpers are the ones most likely, but they are big, so...
Old 03-13-2019
Registered!!

JaVelin.x is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks folks. Weather went bad and just getting ack to it today. I cross check lots of these parts. Like a radio for example the one int he car is not in perfect shape and a new one is 80 bucks so in my mind keeping that is not worth it actually a lot of the mentioned parts are not that expensive to buy new. Trying to minimize when I stock.

ECU and immobilizer is a good idea, they aren't cheap to buy but what are the chances of problems swapping these into diferent cars? They have diferent build dates by months. I've had experience on trucks that there are diferent due to production and programming changes that force a new part number for parts like that and are tied to the vin numbers.
Old 03-13-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,121 Likes on 936 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

keep the keys with the immobilizer and the ecu, otherwise you need to pay for programming, swap everything as a set
Old 03-15-2019
Registered!!

Kingcredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much what everyone said. If it is not rusted and in good condition AND if you have the room to store it keep it. May I also add the little bolts that hold the battery bracket, and the belt tensioner bolts. The one for the power steering is a very odd sized one and easily breakable! Good luck!