6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Will this get me started

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-loscp is an unknown quantity at this point
Will this get me started

I have the chance to get into this but never been in to hondas and was wondering is this a good set up or is this normal
1997 civic ex ek coupe
built b20 engine precision t3/t4 turbo, turbo smart wastgate and blowoff valve,dh racing throttle body, aem adjustible cam gears,sec underdrive pully,eagle rods and pistons,fluidyne aluminum radiator,turbo works intercooler, precision 1000cc injectors, 3 inch exhaust with magnaflow muffler, muetek log manifold, stage three clutch, hasport engine mount, p72 ecu tuned by drift and drag, walbro fuel pump,ac and power steering delete,drilled and slotted rotors,moroso oil pan,new oil pressure sensor,water temp sensor distributer cap spark pluggs and wires and main seal, short shift kit, ....... I was told that it needed down pipe fixed it broke a weld ...and it was running 15 psi now but would support 20 fine any info or advice will help ive never touched a honda so i dont know what im looking for ....? is this a vtech engine it says vtech on valve cover?
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

hokiesfan05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Will this get me started

yes it is a vtech, thats obviously not the original engine in the car but that should be a DOHC with vtech on intake and exhaust
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

you my friend.. have a fast car lol sounds like it was well maintained if he did all that to it and that is an incredible set up
Old 04-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

too much for a beginner tuner...but if your into muscle cars take it for a test drive and it might make you change your mind on what kind of cars you like lol

otherwise it completely depends on the quality of work on the mods.i could buy the most expensive turbo kit out there and build the engine as much as possible...but depending on how well i assembly the engine and such is what determines how long it will last or if it will run right.
Old 05-06-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Personally I would never buy a heavily modded car unless I was going to part it out to make a profit. That certainly looks like a fast setup, but turbo cars need a lot of maintenance. If you're unfamiliar with turbo cars (or Honda's for that matter) I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in for an adventure.
Old 05-06-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

If your used to RWD cars you best take it for a drive and make sure you can handle the torque steering.