6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

bought my new 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
bought my new 6th gen

finally got a 6th gen...not an si which i really wanted but its an ex.
2000 ex 2 door
160000 mi
5 speed
to be honest it needs A LOT of work like-

both power window motors replaced
new trunk springs (were missing for some reason)
new shocks and springs (PO cut the springs)
not sure whats wrong but i dont really feel vtec engage...anyone know what rpm its suposed to?
radio antenna (its got a coat hanger shoved in it for somereason)
and of course the normal i/h/e i gotta put on it lol thinkin about tryin the SRS catback

anyways heres a pic

Old 12-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: bought my new 6th gen

congrats
how it feels? lighter? drives kinda different, right?

PS: be sure it have vtec solenoid...
Old 12-29-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
congrats
how it feels? lighter? drives kinda different, right?

PS: be sure it have vtec solenoid...
Yeah it feels a bit sloppy cuz of the springs. Gotta get some str.ts soon. But feels lighter yeah. Definetly has more pull than my 2004 vp lol

But yeah it has the solenoid, theres a green wire on it instead of blue like on the 7th gens though
Old 12-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

you know your an addict when you have two civics

looks good, looking forward to it progressing.
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
you know your an addict when you have two civics

looks good, looking forward to it progressing.
lol EVERYONE i know that saw i bought another one just gives me a weird look but ive always wanted a 6th gen, but once i pay off this ex i REALLY want a 6th gen hatchback lol

but yeah i just finished taking the door panel off and f'ing with the window to get it back in track...which still didnt really help since i need window motors.

also i ordered the trunk springs today. they said they should be here by saturday morning.

and as soon as my check clears ill be ordering koni str.t's for it, although im still not sure what springs to pick, and some yellow fogs.

then my list is as follows (in order)

sylvania silverstars
window motors
cai
si style gauge glow like this \/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-95-EG-Hon...#ht_1323wt_858
srs catback
some kind of headers...i havent really looked into those yet for this car
front and rear lip kit
type r grill

thats all i can think of right now...btw on ebay all the exhausts ive seen say they fit ex/lx/dx/si...do all 6th gens have the same catback?? just headers different?

also i think im gonna try to find out how to change the needle colors in the cluster...maybe red?

oh yeah and the stereo install in this thing is just stupid unnecessary lmao oh and apparently one of my rear speakers is blown cuz i was hooking up my sub and looked up and the driver side 6x9 was unplugged...im like ookay and plugged it in and it sounds horrendous lol
Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
lol EVERYONE i know that saw i bought another one just gives me a weird look but ive always wanted a 6th gen, but once i pay off this ex i REALLY want a 6th gen hatchback lol

but yeah i just finished taking the door panel off and f'ing with the window to get it back in track...which still didnt really help since i need window motors.

also i ordered the trunk springs today. they said they should be here by saturday morning.

and as soon as my check clears ill be ordering koni str.t's for it, although im still not sure what springs to pick, and some yellow fogs.

then my list is as follows (in order)

sylvania silverstars
window motors
cai
si style gauge glow like this \/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-95-EG-Hon...#ht_1323wt_858
srs catback
some kind of headers...i havent really looked into those yet for this car
front and rear lip kit
type r grill

thats all i can think of right now...btw on ebay all the exhausts ive seen say they fit ex/lx/dx/si...do all 6th gens have the same catback?? just headers different?

also i think im gonna try to find out how to change the needle colors in the cluster...maybe red?

oh yeah and the stereo install in this thing is just stupid unnecessary lmao oh and apparently one of my rear speakers is blown cuz i was hooking up my sub and looked up and the driver side 6x9 was unplugged...im like ookay and plugged it in and it sounds horrendous lol
lol i owned 3 civics at one point now i have 2 lol all EK's people always ask why? ....

and you wont really feel vtec since its a single cam until u start doing some upgrades
Old 01-10-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

nice pick up..people wouldn't question you having two girlfriends..