7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2002 Civic Side Mirror Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Civic Side Mirror Wiring

I recently purchased a 2002 EX Sedan and needed to repair the drivers side mirror. When it got knocked off the 3 wires from the motor got pulled out of the connector and I cannot find any info regarding which wire goes to which pin. The three wire colors are Lt Green, Gray, and Yellow. The male side of the connector from the harness in the door is OK.

I am looking for anything that will help me to get it hooked back up so the power adjustment works again.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-24-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 Civic Side Mirror Wiring

Look at opposite mirror wiring as your guide:

grn/wht wire must go to the same connector cavity on both mirrors (cavity #8)
red/yel (right mirror) goes in the same cavity as blu/blk (left mirror) (cavity #7)
wht/red (right mirror) goes in the same cavity as blu/wht (left mirror) (cavity #6)
Old 09-24-2018
Registered!!

Unfortunately the wire colors on the passenger mirror are not the same coming from the motor. I was able to see where the wires from the passenger side mirror terminate to the motor which would have solved the issue however I cannot see that on the driver side.
Old 09-24-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the wire colors on the passenger mirror are not the same coming from the motor.
I didin't write any of the wire colors of the mirrors. ALL the colors I wrote are for the harness (mirror plug) that comes up from inside the doors.
The wiring diagram doesn't tell the colors of the mirror side of that connector.
Old 09-24-2018
Registered!!

Yes, but the motors inside the mirror use different colors on each side (at least on my car) and since the wires are loose I have no way of knowing which wire needs to be reseated into the mirror side of the connector.

I might just use jumpers to try each way they could go in until it works or wrecks the motor. At this point it can’t get any worse. Any idea if those mirror motors are +12V?
Old 09-24-2018

Yes they are 12v.

2 motors in the mirror, 3 wires; Both motors share one terminal,

so you could figure that one out with an ohm meter and connect it to the #7 cavity, then experiment positions for the other two wires

Or stop by a junkyard and look at one?
Old 09-24-2018
Registered!!

I metered everything out and was able to get it working.

Thanks for the help.