7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Head light turn signal disabled?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apoorvvij is an unknown quantity at this point
Head light turn signal disabled?

Hello,
So this is my first post at the forums and I'm hoping to be a useful part of the community.

So I have been trying to figure this out since a long time now with no success. I need help.
Basically when we turn on the headlights , be in in parking mode or full headlights, the turn signal light comes on as default along with the small parking light.
What I was trying to figure out was is there a way I can disable the turn lights from coming on. I mean I would only need them when I need to make a turn , not all the time.

So is there a way anyone here knows?
I tried looking online but couldn't find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Head light turn signal disabled?

I't been a while since I've goofed with anything electrical. But the front turn signals are a dual filament 7443 bulb. The easiest/cheapest (meaning - free) way to kill the "constant on" portion would be covering up/breaking off one of the electrical tabs that lead to the "constant on" filament. These should be the outer wires on the bulb, because the single filament 7440s have have the electrical "tabs" on the outer portion. The inner "tabs" should lead to the flasher filament.

I may be totally off on the which tabs are the constant hot. If that's the case, just reverse the inner and outers.
Old 08-03-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

what year is ur civic.

and i have a feeling it is a canadian civic
Old 08-03-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Wow. Did I totally, misread your post? My bad...

A) Are your turn signals are flashing all the time?

Or

B) Do you want the amber light ON, only when you flick the column stalk?

If it's (A), swap the 7443 bulb with a 7440. You won't have front signals, but you won't be constantly flashing either. Just the amber glow with your headlights on or in park.

If it's (B), My previous response stands. Final answer.

Hope that helps...
Old 08-04-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Possible grounding issue ?? At socket or ground point.

Inspect socket bulb contacts.

Inspect bulb to make sure the both filaments are still intact and not touching somehow.