7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

best halogen bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahailey will become famous soon enough
best halogen bulbs?

i'm going to buy some new headlight bulbs and I wanna get the brightest and whitest i can get. they're going in my projector headlights, h1 and h3 bulbs. any opinions would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 06-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: best halogen bulbs?

Before I got my HID kit I had tried out a bunch of different types of lights (of course they were all H4 bulbs at the time, but anyway...)

Some had pretty cool colours or whatever, but when it came to brightness and actual good visibility at night, the Silverstar Ultras were by far the most impressive to me. I would definitely recommend those ones. And it's a plus that you want really white ones because they're really bright white too.
Old 06-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: best halogen bulbs?

for stock wattage...

brightest H1 = osram silverstar +50 or philips vision plus +50

brightest rice white H1 = philips bluevision (dimmer than clear bulb)

brightest H3 = narva rangepower +50

brightest rice H3 = philips bluevision if they make it, otherwise osram cool blue.

www.powerbulbs.com
Old 06-24-2008
Registered!!

rice white?
Old 06-24-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah like the ones with blue coating that ricers get to make the light whiter like hids, even tho they are nothing alike lol. kinda similar to these catz bulbs, which actually arent too bad if you run them at higher voltage. but they dont realize if you have a coating on the bulb, it robs light output that you would otherwise have on the road. these are using catz zeta booster ballast. on stock wiring, i doubt you could even see at night with em.

Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

what about the parking and blinker lights, those are pretty yellowish, any whiter ones out there?
Old 06-25-2008
Premium Member

yeah, im actually using philips bluevision w5w in mine and they are a nice white color. plate lights. they are coated bulbs tho so will look blue when turned off. i got some amber led for the front one.

Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

where can i buy those at?
Old 06-28-2008
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

Well if you have your headlights cleared (orange lens inside removed) you should go with one of two choices I think. Either go with some amber led lights...I have some of those and they look good because when the lights off, it's colourless..but when you signal they go amber. I think that's a good idea because the cops can be ****** about any coloured front signal bulbs unless theyre amber. The second kind you can use is an actual amber bulb that has a chrome coating around it which I think can look pretty sharp too. It looks chrome and colourless until the signal is turned on.....something like this --> http://cgi.ebay.com/7443-T20-CHROME-...3286.m14.l1318

As for the little parking lights, I know a lot of guys just completely remove them. If you want to keep them, pretty much any 168 or 194 bulb will work in there and you can get those about any colour you want too, or in led types, or with the chrome coating like above. I personally just have some little tiny amber 194 bulbs that I'll probably replace with some blue xenon bulbs which turn white when on real soon. Again just remember to try and base what you buy on what the cops like and don't like to see on a vehicle, especially if you're sitting at a red light turning left with your signal on, while theyre at the other red light facing you. Some of them are pretty **** about it.
Old 06-28-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i thought you wanted HID's?
Old 06-29-2008
Registered!!

tryin to decide the best way to go, i have projector headlights and i don't know how the HID's will work in there, if i have to get two ballasts per side or what because they have different bulbs for the high and low beams.
Old 06-29-2008
Premium Member

those projectors will look worse with hid than halogen. your first goal needs to be swap out that projector with either hid or even a better halogen projector like valeo h7 so at least you can see at night.