7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AEM Short Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
AEM Short Ram

Today I bought an AEM short ram intake.

I got it for $100 used online, apparently the guy worked at a junkyard and saw it on an 04 civic, took it off and sold it online. I emailed him within the first 5 minutes it was up apparently lol. Shout out to DarkSouljur for sending me the link

It came with an AEM dryflow filter on it, I just had one question. How do you clean it? I looked it up and got confused in how to do it. I saw a video, and the filter was white but mine isn't. It said dryflow but i don't know if there were different kinds of dryflows? Any help would be appreciated
Old 04-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AEM Short Ram

nice. aem sells a special cleaning kit only for the dryflow filters. there are a couple dryflow types, one is a thicker darker material thats sortof fuzzy, and the other is pretty thin and lighter like white with some dark spots. just buy the aem dryflow cleaning kit and follow info on box.
Old 04-05-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
nice. aem sells a special cleaning kit only for the dryflow filters. there are a couple dryflow types, one is a thicker darker material thats sortof fuzzy, and the other is pretty thin and lighter like white with some dark spots. just buy the aem dryflow cleaning kit and follow info on box.

Oh ok, so one cleaner does all. Sounds good, I'll look to see if the local parts place carries any.

I also noticed that it looks like there may be a slight rip in a part of the filter Not deep, just like a surface thing, but its big enough. Don't know what would happen if i tried cleaning with that... It's not really dirty right now anyways so I think I'll use it as for a bit. How often would you say one of these filters needs to be cleaned?
Old 04-05-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the paper ones prolly once a year.
Old 04-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

100 dollars seems high for a used aem intake especially if the filter is damaged is it the regular intake or the dual chamber V2 model??? . and you can order the kit at autozone they don't sell it in store.
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Shout out to DarkSouljur for sending me the link
Woulda killed u if u didn't say that

But umm, when summer hits i'm saving up for a new dry-flow filter ... since i have no idea what kind of filter is on my SRI right now lol. If you decide to get a new one lemme know and we'll order together.
Old 04-06-2011

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
since i have no idea what kind of filter is on my SRI right now lol. If you decide to get a new one lemme know and we'll order together.
Didnt the seller say it was a K&N? And ya i'll probably get a new one in the summer.
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

He said he thinks but he wasn't sure ... he probably just named some random filter company he knew.
Old 04-07-2011

AND it's in! YAY FOR FIRST MOD! Took me and Dark way too long haha. So much stuff I wasn't expecting, and i thought i looked it all up! Just goes to show you that you don't know until you do!

THE CAR IS SO MUCH LOUDER! I love it Before and after video proved it like crazy haha.
Old 04-07-2011
Premium Member

oh nice you installed it yourself?
Old 04-08-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, me and him spent a good amount of time on it... Couple rusted bolts and a bunch of other stupid little things were giving us trouble :P

But yeah, i took a before and after video. The sound is WAY different now, much nicer lol
Old 04-08-2011

Originally Posted by gearbox
oh nice you installed it yourself?
Yup, and feeling great about it I know I must be crazy, but I feel like I noticed the 3 added horses! I never used to get it up to almost red line before... Now it's doing it like no one's business lol.