7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help, car jack slipped!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lhebia is an unknown quantity at this point
Help, car jack slipped!

Hey im new to posting on here but have been browsing for quite a while and btw I drive an ES2.

So heres my story:

I went to rotate my tires and on the way to do so put a jack on the frame under the driver side. Somehow when I was lifting up the car the jack slipped (i guess i didnt position it properly) and it slipped onto the body panel under the driver side. Now my driver side floor has a dent next to the trunk release.
I almost cried after I saw it.

Now my questions: Is this bad?
Should I just hammer it back down or is it better if I get it fixed proffesionally?
Or should I just leave it?

Sh*tty thing is, ive only had the car 3 months.
Old 04-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help, car jack slipped!

can you actually see anything from the outside? if not i wouldnt worry. and if it bothers you inside just try and hammer it down. shouldnt affect anything if its just under the floor. just be sure nothing got broken under there.
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lhebia is an unknown quantity at this point

The panel kinda separated from the frame so I think im gonna get some rust proofing done on there.
Old 04-23-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

If it bugs you, go get it fixed at a body shop.

Or you can get a peice of scrap lumber and try to smooth it out by hammering on it.

If you're **** about that sort of thing then probably shouldn't do it yourself because you probably wont get it to look 100% normal and could make it worse.

Finally, get a good jack, the one that comes with the car is kind of emergency use only for me. I used it once, because I needed a 2nd jack for what I was doing, but I have a rolling floor jack that I prefer.
Old 04-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Pics of damage?