General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Converted my SRI into CAI!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
Converted my SRI into CAI!

i know it may sound lame to some peeps and cool to others...BUT the latest mod i have done to my engine is convert my AEM SRI into a custom CAI without the valve(that water filter thing)....this is how i did it...

1. went to home depot and bought a 3' long flexible tubing that was 3" in diameter. (cost $10)
2. i had to disconnect the battery, the battery post, etc....everything that was in the way of getting the tube down toward the front bumper.
3. while i was disconnectin things, i saw a possible 2 places to put the intake tube...down toward the front right wheel(the fender well/wall) or just straight down toward the grill and under the battery post.
4. i just put the tubing over the existing AEM SRI sorta like a sleeve and tucked the excess tubing into the coupling...(i know its kinda hard to explain without pictures...sorry!)
5. i ran the tubing down on the left side of the engine (just like any CAI for the 2k1) and made the filter face down toward the chassis.

pretty easy to install....it took me like an hour and a half kuz i had to make the 3" diameter of the tube fit into the coupling that came with the 2.5" intake....

now for results....i took my car for a test drive on the freeway and this is what i can say about it.....now that the car sucks in cold air from under the car it generates some slight power in the rpm band...and it does add more throttle response...i can say it does kuz my girlfriend drives my car and she noticed the difference...i aint BS'n'...when u slam the pedal it doesn't kick back as much as before BUT it does pick up speed farely faster....as for sound, u can't hear the intake due to the sound of the exhaust and the tubing doesn't get warm like your normal intake...so overall with this $10 project i can honestly say its CHEAP, its DIFFERENT, its GHETTO, but hey it works and for $10 i can't ask for anything else. its worth it to me..ill post pics as soon as i get my digi cam back and u can all see my custom CAI....

for those who have thought about doing this or have done it i would like some feedback on this...thanks yall! have a great day! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2003
Registered!!

Ha0sVtecEX is an unknown quantity at this point
i wana see the pics ,,,,
Old 02-17-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
[hr]Originally posted by: Ha0sVtecEX
i wana see the pics ,,,,[hr]
Me too. I have a red AEM SRI and want to make a custom CAI extension pipe for the summer.
Old 02-17-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
i made my injen cai into sri. it sounds wicked.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
CAI into SRI iz wicked man! [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG] but anyways, i'm awaiting my bro to email me those pics i took the other day and i will post them as soon as i get them...like a dumb [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] i forgot to clean my filter before i put it way down there....
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
thats pimp as hell! i wanna see some pics cus i have an AEM SRI with an engine malfunction light what wont turn off
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: bluericeburna2k2
thats pimp as hell! i wanna see some pics cus i have an AEM SRI with an engine malfunction light what wont turn off[hr]
that's unrelated to the CAI issue. check your intake sensor (if it's there, and not still inside your stock airbox) and try resetting your fuel ECM
Old 02-19-2003
Registered!!

euJin is an unknown quantity at this point
hahaha what da hell.... yes u are a dumbass for not cleaning your filter[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] and for those pix, would you hold on a damn minute..geezus..always askin for ****, hahahaha..email has been sent foo, so check it..and for you 7th gen civic guys. whats up
Old 02-19-2003
Registered!!

ahh don't pay attention to that lude ***...hahaha...i GOT PICS! as soon as I resize them (which is right now) i'll post them up for yall!