General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

GROUND CONTROL,SKUNK2 OR GR MATRIX COILOVERS

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APRboy is on a distinguished road
Ground Controls all the way. They use only one perch.
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

platinumx310 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got skAnk2's on my coupe, but ride is waaaaaaaack and its hella bouncy unless you get shocks with it...

but i think even with shocks, it'll still be bouncy ride. maybe becuz the spring itself is short (about 10inchs?)

i dont recommend it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
get either or skunks2 or ground control, those are the only sleeves coilover i would choose, you wouldnt have a smooth ride with coilovers, if you want a smooth ride go with lowering springs, i have skunk2 but im slammed it so i knew that i was going to have a bouncy ride
Old 01-30-2003
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
where is the cheapest place to buy ground control & skunk2? im still debating on which one to buy...if not those two i might just get the goldline springs..
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

SpoonSi is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm debating that too...
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

SynisterRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say go with ground control... There made in conjuction from two reputable companies (Eibach & Skunk2). And that one wrench/perch thing is definately a plus. Just my 2cents.

Ohh ya, let me now what prices you find, I might be interestend in getting them after I get new rims next month.
Old 01-31-2003
I Am Legend

CGodwin3103 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: DizWikedCivic
get either or skunks2 or ground control, those are the only sleeves coilover i would choose, you wouldnt have a smooth ride with coilovers, if you want a smooth ride go with lowering springs, i have skunk2 but im slammed it so i knew that i was going to have a bouncy ride[hr]

I have ground control coilovers. Like Diz says, it's not the smoothest ride. It depends on height. When I had the car fresh with them on and droped with my kit to about an inch or slightly less ( bad, no no no... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] speed bumps very bad at this height!!!)

I raised it to about 1/2 - 1 1/2 drop and they ride well except for the occasional unavoidalbe gaint bump or sharp protrusion from the road.
IListen to diz about the ride, I haven't used drop springs before, i probably wont... When I was droped that low it was like a bad teetor-totter episode, like a jackrabbit on fresh rabbit ***. (no, it didn't feel good, kinda hurt... :frown[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Raised it rides well except for the occasional unaviodable protrusion in the road.
Hope it helps...
Good explanation Diz, that explains pretty well, u'd think the faster recoil over stock with gc's would help that though. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2003
I Am Legend

CGodwin3103 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm rude sorry, they are about 340 online, shops have a hard time beating that price ( shipping, whatever) so expect maybe 340-400 depending on where you go, mine were 100 for install. I know the guys so i got a good deal on mine. expect aorund 440+ after install, unless they give you a better install price.

Store owner said after a while it will eat away my inside tire more than my out, but that might be bs to get me to get a camber kit, please advise...