General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

best place to bolt down...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChEe12iO is an unknown quantity at this point
best place to bolt down...

any suggestions as to where is the best place to bolt down the third point of my safety belt harness. it's a 3 point double release. should i use the upper anchor of the rear factory seat belt or the lower or somewhere else? help please...
Old 11-21-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
I have no idea how to answer your question, but I'm interested in getting some new seats and 3 point's. Where did you bolt down the first two poitns?

I have a sedan and don't want to have to bolt all the way to the back of the rear passengers seat [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] I want it to be still usable and accessable for the rear seats.

Can you post some pics when you're done?
Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

i'm installing the seats saturday morning. i got the corbeau a4's with bracket and harnesses. the 2 points bolt on the bracket while the 3rd point is arbitrary, hence my post. i'll take pics. hey where did you get the project D avatar?
Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

Christophertoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Ummmm Lets seen here i have roll bars in my car so thats were i hooked them up to i really have no idea if you look by your back window there is hooks for baby carriers you also can use those you like have to flip up a litle plastic hinge
Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
custom fabricate a point under the seat. something like a flange or cross member between each side of the brakcet then you could attach it to that. or just bolt it directly to the floor behind the seat. good luck and can't wait for the pics.
Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

i can't just bolt down anywhere can i? the seatbelt anchor locations are designed to withstand the loading conditions the only problem is that they won't be square center behind the racing seat. i don't know if that will affect fit around the driver and passenger. is the baby seat anchor plastic or metal? i you think it will with stand the force and stress of the safety belt harness?
Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
well i don't know how well they would fit if you attached to the rear seatbelt anchors, just have to try it. but i wouldn't attach it to the car set anchors. i don't think that they would be strong enough. i am either going to bolt them directly to the floor or make a bracket and mount them to the seat braket.
Old 11-22-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
hey

the "Initial D" pic I have...not sure, got it off the web somewhere [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

You might want to take it to a shop and see what they have to say? Better safe than sorry in this type of situation!!!

Worst case scenario: You drill some holes in the floor or have to weld on some more seat bolt attachment thingies.
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

cfvwtuner is an unknown quantity at this point
The first question is, When and Where are you going to be using these belts?
In all reality for everyday driving the stock belt is better.
Once you have a harness adjusted correctly you cant move to even close the door or fiddle the radio.

For just autocross use, you can use the ISO child anchors at the bottom of the rear seat, if you have a clip in model. They are strong enough to keep you in your seat, but NOT strong enough for a high MPH shunt.

Your best bet is to remove the rear seat and mount it to one of the lower seat belt bolts. Pick the one that gives the least lateral angle.

If the upper mount for the rear is available, you might be able to use that.

Our autocross cars, a Focus and Cavalier, have 4 pts. The Focus has custom 1/4" steel stock brackets made for the front and clips to the child seat anchors for the rear (autocross use only). The Cavalier uses custom mounts up front and the rear attach to the rear lower seat belt bolts.

You also know that 3 point belts arnt allowed in many types of competition, right?

YOu also know not to mount the rear legs straight down (like many rice cars) because they can cause spinal injuries from compression.
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

again it's a 3 point double release. the brackets come with attachement points for the lower two points. as for the third i plan on bolting it down on one of the lower anchor points for one of the rear seats. this is for street racing purposes and non-sanctioned street autocross. i know what ppl are going to say so spare me the lecture...the topic is "best place to bolt down" and not "how many ppl want to express their opinion and not help"...so for those of you who can help, please do...

cfv: i close my door before i buckle and open it after i buckle...and the radio comes with a remote that i have by my side. other than that i don't usually move out of my seat.
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I hear that they bolt down where the back seats bolt onto but thats what i was told. I have some racing seats and im getting Sparco 4pt harnesses so maybe its the smae idea with 3pt
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

i'll take pics and post them for everyone once i get them installed. thanks everyone for your help. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]