General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

FIPK's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wally02lx is an unknown quantity at this point
FIPK's?

Hey everyone, just got my new civic and am wondering who makes the best air intakes and how much of a benfit will i see?

Wally
Old 09-23-2002
Registered!!

Logan is an unknown quantity at this point
Ummmm...does it really matter? A stupid air intake will make VERY little difference all by itself. Not to get too evil with the flamethrower, but I'm saving you from embarassment here. Seriously, you may get a SLIGHT increase in throttle response...but it will probably be so small that it would hardly be recognizable..and if you do feel anything, it's your imagination, lol. Just understand this...before you start dumping a ton of cash into that engine, know that you will NEVER get your money's worth in performance out of it. These cars have 1.8L engines and have hardly any room whatsoever under the hood for a bigger engine or whatnot. Someone MAY be able to squeeze as much as 250 horsepower out of these engines...and I'm talking turbo running high PSI and a nitrous oxide system...and MAJOR dollars. Once that is done...your engine will be much less dependable and you will still be a far cry from able to roll with the big boys like Supra and 300ZX. However, our cars are VERY nice-looking and if you concentrate on putting some nice rims on it, maybe a body kit (please, no spoiler or performance stickers), and fix up the interior with a DVD player and nice sound system...then you've got yourself a nice ride. Just remember, when you are driving around with a bad@$$-looking ride...you are making a bold statement if you've got an aggressive-looking car...please don't drive it like a race car and you will maintain respect.

Also, please refer to the thread titled "Okay...now it's time to put up or shut up."
Old 09-23-2002
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
AEM or Injen CAI.

If you have Auto, Injen CAI $180-200 shipped for sure.

You can also do some research on K&N FIPK system... They aren't that bad at all.
Old 09-23-2002
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
what he said except the engine is a 1.7L engine thus the D17
Old 09-23-2002
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
huh?all 7th gen have 1.7 except the Si(SiR in canada)
Old 09-23-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup. Mine is a 1.7 (DX)
Old 09-23-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
All 7th gen's have 1.7L D17 engines. The LX and DX have the same, the HX has VTEC-E and the EX has VTEC (D17A2), I'm not sure what the full designation for the LX,DX,HX is.... but I'll guess the DX,LX is D17A1, and the HX is D17A3.