General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Recommendation for a good & useful repair manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sawdust_tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Recommendation for a good & useful repair manual

Does anyone have a recommendation for a useful repair manual for a 2000 Civic EX?
Way, way back in the day when I was working on my first cars (about 30 years ago) Chilton's was the standard - if you wanted to keep your old car running, you bought the Chilton's manual.
I see all sorts of online services and different printed manuals available today - what do you use?
I've already dumped about $40 into the alldatadiy.com service pushed by Autozone and I'm really disappointed. For example - alldatadiy.com states that replacing the headlight bulb first requires removing the front bumper - however, it has no instructions on how to remove the bumper - totally useless.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recommendation for a good & useful repair manual

just get the official honda green manual, its twice as thick as the dumb chilton/haynes crap and has tons of info about everything. either handaaccessories.com or ebay should have em.
Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Funny how this post pops up since I just bought the official 96-00 Civic service manual from helminc. Cost was 58 with shipping included. An excellent price for a 1500 page manual! Seriously, if you work on your car, it's worth every penny. Tons of money went into making it.

But then again you can find the same manual in .pdf format online.

I also own the manual below, and I consider it one of the better Hayes manuals. It's worth owning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayne...sQ5fLiterature
Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

But uhhh, I'm selling it cause it's too new and fresh like a virgin. I would feel guilty getting her dirty and ruining her.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/1539382832.html
Old 01-06-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

You can download a free 96-00 in PDF format from the web, someone scanned it in page by page and posted it up.
Old 01-06-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
You can download a free 96-00 in PDF format from the web, someone scanned it in page by page and posted it up.
I bet it was originally scanned by honda. Here's one place to download them, but you're going to have to register.

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/
Old 01-06-2010
Registered!!

sawdust_tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all that replied - I'm downloading the service manual now and will start there. Everyone on this site has been a big help - your kindness is noted and appreciated.
Old 02-18-2010
Registered!!

jalancas is an unknown quantity at this point

i found all the service manuals @ www.fixmycivic.net

from 84-2010 civic