General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Idle Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vicci4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Idle Vibration

Hey guys, I recently got my car back from the dealer after a rebuild of the front side of my vehicle after a run in with a deep puddle and a tall curb. Anyhow, I got it back, turned the car and thought, finally got my car back, I don't remember why, but I pulled the vanity mirror down while sitting at idle and notice that it was shaking, a lot, the whole visor in fact was vibrating, and now I notice everywhere in the car, cups in the cup holder seem to rattle even at idle, worse at higher speeds. I take good care of my engine, anyone know anything that could help? thought it might have something to do with a belt or pulley, not sure, later- joe
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
why stress and guess about it......take it to the dealer and let them figure it out........
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Vicci4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
My dealer is the one who rebuilt the front end, there most likely the ones who caused the problem, I hate taking my car anywhere in memphis to get fixed, I had to have my door repainted 3 times because of work errors, and its still not right! why pay someone to do chitty work when you can do it yourself, or for that matter why would I drive across town to bring my car in to an incompetent dealer.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

pr0ph37 is an unknown quantity at this point
youv got a point but but if you cant figure it out your better off taking it to the dealer. if you try to fix it and end up Fing it over. it will be to late to get it fixed for free. the dealer will be like well if it has been vibrating all this time why didnt you come to us sooner? then youll belike umm ahh i dont know cause if u tell them warrenty void. just take it in we all know the shops are all a bunch of d!(ks that end up putting little dinks in your what was perfect paint job and steeling your howard high home of the lion static sticker but ...

well now that i think about it its up to you