General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Moving Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough
Moving Battery

Okay, I'm wanting to put a bigger battery in my car, because the one i have currently is just a little bigger than a motorcycle battery.-lol
Anyway, the place the battery is in now, isn't big enough for the new battery. So now i made the decision of putting the battery in the trunk. I know i'll have to go get some 4gauge wire, but that's about all i know. :P
What would i need to move the battery to the trunk? And if anyone could tell me what i have to do, i'd highly appreciate it.

-Thanks

Last edited by civicplaya; 04-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moving Battery

how about just get the upgrade 500cca stock size battery from dealer or advance auto. its still group51. should be more than enough even with a small sound system. the rsx comes stock with a 310cca battery if you believe it.
Old 04-05-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

yea. i have an duralast yellow top and it puts out a lil above 500CCA if i remember correctly.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

Well my buddy works at Exide and is letting me buy a battery for like $30... one of the new gel ones, so that's why i was wondering.
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

some guys here have fit pretty large batteries in the engine bay. you know you dont need to keep the stock plastic cover and tray right?
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

I have a '97 btw. But the battery is located in the upper left hand corner, and there's no way the other battery would fit in that spot.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

ive relocated a stock size optima yellow top to the hatch. whats great about them is you can mount them any way. its laying on its side so it fits will enough in the spare tire opening that i can retain the hatch floor. its completely hidden and cleans up the engine bay very well. my buddy did this in his 99 si and ran into voltage drops that made his cold starts not so hot. very easy to do though. make sure you fuse the 4 ga in the engine bay with ATLEAST a 150amp fuse. circuit breaker will work best.
Old 04-05-2009
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

For an all in one kit, I'd recommend the Summit Racing battery relocation kit. It comes with everything you're gonna need.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

wow, cool didn't know they made kits for it.
I looked some up on ebay and they're pretty expensive though.
Old 04-06-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

"you pay if u wanna play"
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what about upgrading your alternater.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

hmm..idk about the alternator because i got that new battery.
but thanks
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ok are you wanting a bigger battery because of your system in that case your system is just going to drain the new battery you need a better alternater .

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

The bigger battery won't drain as fast as the one i have now.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

true but thats just a band-aid
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

I have a cap too. Well a $250 battery for $30 bucks is good enough for me... It's Gel so you can put it in upside down/what not. But bandage with another bandage is what it is! :P