General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

just got an 05 ex special edition...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thenewdiabolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile just got an 05 ex special edition...

looking for any kind of feedback on how you guys feel about the car and what are some good mods to start off with?
Old 03-13-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: just got an 05 ex special edition...

its a nice car, lots of extras. just see what you wanna improve with the car and go from there.
Old 03-13-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

agree with gearbox...

others will try and tell you what you should do to it, but it's all up to you.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

thanks
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Throw up some pics !
Old 03-14-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sethro
Throw up some pics !
Originally Posted by thenewdiabolic
looking for any kind of feedback on how you guys feel about the car and what are some good mods to start off with?

i would guess that his car is stock for now...

for pics of a stock 05 SE, check ebay....

(not saying anything bad about your car, diabolic)
Old 03-14-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if youre looking for oem parts, check handaaccessories.com
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

bman11 will become famous soon enough

i got an 05 special edition as well, how do u tell what model it is? i think its an lx cuz it is pretty basic.
Old 03-15-2009
Premium Member

i think the most obvious traits of EX version is the moonroof, vtec motor (it says vtec on the engine cover), and maybe abs.
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

color matching mirrors and handles
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

Gumdrop is an unknown quantity at this point

EX's have ABS and LX don't?
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

^ i believe so, i have an lx and i don't have abs
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

yea as of right now the car is all stock, except i shaved the civic logo and ex off the trunk, but ive only had it for 3 days so gotta give it time. pics will come soon as soon as i put the new rims on. also, got another question kid i bought it from said that itd need a new clutch soon, now this is my first standard, my integra was an auto, so im not entirely sure on how to check up on that without having the car go up on a lift at a shop and pay an arm and a leg for it, is there any signs thatll tell me if i do actually need a new one? based on other things he told me about the car, i know he doesnt know much about the thing haha. thanks for the input so far and i appreciate any help to come!
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

i've only had to replace a clutch once and that was on my truck years and years ago, the way i knew i needed one was because the when i put it in gear it kept popping out and it grinded sometimes when shifting into gears. how many miles are on the car? your car is 2 years newer than mine and my clutch is still good. either that car has high miles like 100,000+ or that kid didn't know how to drive a clutch or beat the **** out of it for him to say that it might need a new one already
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

vicaphit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a black 05 EX SE, pictures are attached to my profile.

The ABS is great and all, but even when I was driving on a quarter inch of ice the car handled awesomely.

In the first month of getting the car, I did a few donuts in the parking lot of my workplace, I had the car sliding completely sideways and was able to pull out of the skid.

Last edited by vicaphit; 03-15-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2009
Premium Member

for the clutch, if it doesnt grab the gear right away and kinda revs up first then its dying.
Old 03-16-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Special ed has the mp3 cd player I believe and the nice 16" wheels, color matching mirros and handles r what the ex have no biggie there, umm ex se has the hfp body kit, ommitted 3rd brake light its just not there, and I think some se badging. Its like an ex w all the options and. The upgraded stereo I think its all pioneer all around and the in dash mp3/cd changer, was looking at one awhile back but they were all autos at the dealer so I couldn't move on it (no offense)

Last edited by cwo715; 03-16-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-16-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Ok so imo the civic is peppy but u gotta spend a pretty buck to get something out of it and idk what your intentions are, id suggest working on practical stuff, maybe a revo short throw and a short ram intake? Then go out and grab a strut tower brace and rear sway until u put on sport springs and struts, id suggest tokico and eibach for that. Maybe fujita for the intake, when u get more money get a nice exhaust, quality = expensive so yeh lol, I've had magnaflow (loud) apexi ws2 (quiet) rsx s (tinny) exhausts so idk choose everything wisely I'm just throwing out recommendations here, if ur gonna change ur clutch go centerforce and maybe throw in a light weight fly wheel while ur at it lol $$$$$
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about

i gt edm rear fog and a dc sports header if intersted?
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

Matt300 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an 05 LX SE. If you have the same MP3 radio I do, a word of caution:

Cleaning that thing is a PAIN IN THE ***.

The silver comes off easily and the black on the letters will smudge. I only cleaned it twice. Y'know how dirt can build up on the buttons you use all the time? I'll ****** a pic later on today while I'm in there.

Broke my heart man...it's a permanent scar on my baby.
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

vicaphit is an unknown quantity at this point

I found out the same thing when I tried to clean the dirt off my buttons after buying the car. I have all black interior, and the stereo sticks out like a sore thumb with all of the silver paint. I am tempted to just clean all of the silver paint off of it!
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

ive cleaned the stereo a couple times but havent had any problems with the color fading or coming off. thanks for the input on the clutch gearbox and others, im starting to think the kid was just stupid because ive hd numerous people drive it and all have said the clutch feels strong. so thats obviously the news i wanted to hear. hwnpryde civic, or anyone else that can answer, whats a edm rear fog? i know what the header is, and am somewhat interested, im just curious as to how much volume the heads will add to the sound of the exhaust? im not sure where your from but in MA theyre real strict about car ****, esp exhaust, already been pulled over a couple times while i had my last car.