General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Hooking up HHO again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ladicius should not be trusted
Re: Hooking up HHO again.

Originally Posted by screwface
it takes 50-70% more electrical energy to perform electrolysis than the thermal energy gained from combustion of the final product. when the electrical energy used to create that hydrogen is produced by the running of your engine (i.e. burning gasoline,) there is consequently a net energy loss. how then, do you propose to be improving mileage?

what really gets my goat is that the people supporting this HHO crap can't explain things in mathematical terms, only fancy buzzword and acronyms like "HHO." the people that say it won't work have the law of physics on their side; the people that say it will work have the word of an internet scam artist and so far no mathematical evidence to explain to me what car company manufactures an alternator that can compensate for such an incredibly inefficient process.
Yes it might take more energy but, the point is which process is cheaper? Internet scam artist? Instead of your half *** atempt to debunk this "theory" why not try it yourself? I built 1 my self without buying anything from anyone online and it worked just fine on the spare car in my backyard.
Old 01-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

It doesnt work. If you can prove otherwise I will eat those words. I have found NO evidence of a true working system out there that does what the system claims it can do. All you are doing is putting hundreds of dollars of worthless mods into your car when that same amount could just go towards the gas you are trying to save on. If anything you are hurting the engine with this THEORY that has no FACTS backing it up. While I admire those that try and invent systems that will better efficency, this is not one of them.
Old 01-15-2009
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
It doesnt work. If you can prove otherwise I will eat those words. I have found NO evidence of a true working system out there that does what the system claims it can do. All you are doing is putting hundreds of dollars of worthless mods into your car when that same amount could just go towards the gas you are trying to save on. If anything you are hurting the engine with this THEORY that has no FACTS backing it up. While I admire those that try and invent systems that will better efficency, this is not one of them.
Funny thing is that it's not a theory, because scientific law says that it can't do what proponents claim that it does. At best it's a hypothesis and a bad one at that.
Old 01-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it may work but not with an engine thats setup to run off gas. you need a whole different system. cleft already built the thing and saved us the trouble by showing it doesnt do anything.