General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

carbon fiber question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THECHRIS is an unknown quantity at this point
carbon fiber question

ok well i was thinking of putting some carbon fiber on the exterior of my 02 civic, i was thinking carbon fiber lights, and possible a carbon fiber hood. but since i live in Canada and my car would be driven year round, i was wondering if the carbon fiber would hold up.or would it crack from the cold weather and ice.
thanks
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all
Re: carbon fiber question

i live in Canada, and the civic i had with a carbon hood did fine in the winter but i also took good care of it by cleaning it constantly and waxing it once every 2 months or so.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Rinasdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as it's good quality i don't see a problem
Old 03-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

You can always take it off in the winter time. Removing a hood is pretty simple if ya got two buddies. You could manage with just another buddy as well.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Rinasdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRIZ
You can always take it off in the winter time. Removing a hood is pretty simple if ya got two buddies. You could manage with just another buddy as well.
you can take it off by yourself with one person, but aligning and putting it on will require 2
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

dafynesplaya is an unknown quantity at this point

i just got a cf hood as well in montreal..waiting for the summer but how do i take the stock hood off?? don't you need to do something about those wind washer nozzles????damn im a noob lol..
Old 03-13-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

carbon fiber is unaffected by cold, and to any heat that you will encounter for that matter. your car will be destroyed before the carbon fiber melted... the only thing i could see as a problem is the abbrasive ice that may be on the roads, so a good waxing once or twice a month would probably be a good idea. as far as the sun, UV rays can fade the color, and without care the elements of weather can ruin the clear coat
Old 03-13-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dafynesplaya
i just got a cf hood as well in montreal..waiting for the summer but how do i take the stock hood off?? don't you need to do something about those wind washer nozzles????damn im a noob lol..
there are some obvious bolts that hold them down. just take those off, take off the nozzels and then put it on ur new hood in the reverse order....its bout the most simple mod you can do...
Old 03-13-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

The race tracks are open in the winter?