General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

custom hidden silencer?

Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
custom hidden silencer?

im trying to think of a way to make my RSR exhaust quieter and want something that will fit the pipe and also install somehow without having to put a screw at the bottom to hold it. idk if theres any way to do it... do muffler shops do that kind of stuff?
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: custom hidden silencer?

have you thought about an inline resonator? i dont know if the rsr already has one or not, but its something to look into...
Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no it doesnt have a resonator, i heard if its not tuned right tho, it could make it sound even worse....
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

RS*Rs are already so quiet!

i'd say a 22" resonator would work for what you want.
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

54321r will become famous soon enough54321r will become famous soon enough

maybe weld the silencer instead of being forced to drill for a screw idk i a nub but thats my 2cents now back to waiting for the mega million
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

ill look into the resonator. and no rsr is not quiet after having it almost 3 yrs. in the winter on a cold start, it stays pretty quiet, but once it gets warm, that thing sounds crazy loud now. on roadtrips, its even worse.
Old 02-16-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

don't laugh, but steel wool pads work pretty well.
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

hey thanks! cheap and easy lol
Old 02-16-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

hell yea dude!
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

okay now how would i glue it around the pipe, is there special hi temp adhesive? i was gonna look at what they use for the exhaust repair kits. and also whats the best thickness of wool to get, course/medium/fine?

Last edited by gearbox; 02-16-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

okay so i bought some medium wool pads and muffler cement. so youre saying just jam some in the whole pipe and put some glue around the sides?
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

DCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

you ever figure out how to do this? I have an RSR aslo. And I want it quieted...Can anyone recommend a good silencer?
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member

well i glued in a smaller piece of exhaust pipe using muffler mend putty, its been there prolly for 6 months and hasnt fallen out. but its starting to rust even tho i painted it. not noticable much since its pushed back, but i did not get it as quiet as i was hoping.
Old 04-05-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^yea the only way really is to get a resonator. soorer or later you will.
Old 04-05-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my car loud. I have just ordered an HTA3582 Turbo setup with a wastegate dump. This will sound good with my current catless setup.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

resonator will do the job
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

go back to stock
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

**** after all that geto riging you could have just drilled a tiny hole for a silencer .
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

no silencer that i found fits in the exhaust tho.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what size is the tip????????? i really hate to say this but did you check ebay.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-06-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

yup checked ebay. the outer tip is around 4 inch i believe, but the inner actual exhaust pipe is only 3 inch (where the silencer would have to go in). also the 3 inch pipe is curved up so a silencer of the proper size would not even go in.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

**** maybe buy one and modify it to fit.