General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

custom hidden silencer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
custom hidden silencer?

im trying to think of a way to make my RSR exhaust quieter and want something that will fit the pipe and also install somehow without having to put a screw at the bottom to hold it. idk if theres any way to do it... do muffler shops do that kind of stuff?
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: custom hidden silencer?

have you thought about an inline resonator? i dont know if the rsr already has one or not, but its something to look into...
Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no it doesnt have a resonator, i heard if its not tuned right tho, it could make it sound even worse....
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

RS*Rs are already so quiet!

i'd say a 22" resonator would work for what you want.
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

54321r will become famous soon enough54321r will become famous soon enough

maybe weld the silencer instead of being forced to drill for a screw idk i a nub but thats my 2cents now back to waiting for the mega million
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

ill look into the resonator. and no rsr is not quiet after having it almost 3 yrs. in the winter on a cold start, it stays pretty quiet, but once it gets warm, that thing sounds crazy loud now. on roadtrips, its even worse.
Old 02-16-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

don't laugh, but steel wool pads work pretty well.
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

hey thanks! cheap and easy lol
Old 02-16-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

hell yea dude!
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

okay now how would i glue it around the pipe, is there special hi temp adhesive? i was gonna look at what they use for the exhaust repair kits. and also whats the best thickness of wool to get, course/medium/fine?

Last edited by gearbox; 02-16-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

okay so i bought some medium wool pads and muffler cement. so youre saying just jam some in the whole pipe and put some glue around the sides?
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

DCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

you ever figure out how to do this? I have an RSR aslo. And I want it quieted...Can anyone recommend a good silencer?
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member

well i glued in a smaller piece of exhaust pipe using muffler mend putty, its been there prolly for 6 months and hasnt fallen out. but its starting to rust even tho i painted it. not noticable much since its pushed back, but i did not get it as quiet as i was hoping.
Old 04-05-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^yea the only way really is to get a resonator. soorer or later you will.
Old 04-05-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my car loud. I have just ordered an HTA3582 Turbo setup with a wastegate dump. This will sound good with my current catless setup.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

resonator will do the job
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

go back to stock
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

**** after all that geto riging you could have just drilled a tiny hole for a silencer .
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

no silencer that i found fits in the exhaust tho.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what size is the tip????????? i really hate to say this but did you check ebay.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-06-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

yup checked ebay. the outer tip is around 4 inch i believe, but the inner actual exhaust pipe is only 3 inch (where the silencer would have to go in). also the 3 inch pipe is curved up so a silencer of the proper size would not even go in.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

**** maybe buy one and modify it to fit.