General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Custom Interior Trim --> What should I do??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
Re: Custom Interior Trim --> What should I do??

it looks tacky, and it's going to look tacky a second time. in general, painting interior pieces is tacky. the end.
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

LOL I was just trying to go easy on the young one....I feel bad enough for sticking an intake on this engine. I feel like that nascar commercial were everyone is driving regular cars at 30 miles an hour and they sound like F1's
Old 06-04-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

Well that has to be the most god awful paint job i've seen. lol i'm sorry man, if you or anyone thinks that looks good they need to get their head examined. You need to spray the stuff back to black and leave it like that. As far as custom, their isn't anything custom about it. Looks like a 16 yr old ricer sprayed it. How about those NOS stickers, damn i heard they give like 50+ hp. Sorry man.

Sorry had to do a little bashing only because it looks that bad. just paint it back to black and it will look a lot better.
Old 06-04-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DJ Silkie
Ok you guys seriously need help...lol

I'm not gonna get all upset about a bunch of loosers calling me names because I prefer not to get worked up over little kids.

SO! I'll take this last post to re-cap what I was talking about because you guys are too caught up in insults to even stay on topic...

...So here...

I used to drive a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. In which I customized the interior. I had the idea correct, but because of lack of budget, skill and materials, it came out like crap. (hence the pic I showed) Thus I decided never to do that again.

However, one day on the road I saw one guy who was driving a very clean Dodge Neon SRT. He also had the custom painted accent trim interior like my eclipse. Except his was done MUCH nicer. The paint on the plastic trim pieces was painted to exactly mimic the custom paint on the outside. It was massively glossy and had that automotive "sparkle" to it.

After seeing the project I had attempted done right, I decided I wanted to try it again on my 1995 Honda Civic EX. But THIS time, I want someone with the right skill and meterials to do it for me. So it looks like that other dude's. I want the normal stock black dash, with all the little plastic pieces that pop out painted (very nicely painted) sort of an electric blue. I want the painted pieces glossy and finished, smooth and resistant to small scratches. The same finish you might see on custom woodgrain in a car. It would almost simulate glass.

Now if you guys read this and still have crap to say go ahead. I am done with this thread. I'll be back with more questions later so don't worry. I'll still be here and you can call me more names. But if you insist on by changing the trim of my interior I am a "Ricer" than you are as well because you mod your honda too. So stop contradicting yourselves and worry about other things.

P.S. - I know I'm a horrable speller
no, you are a ricer because you painted your interior a gay *** blue, put NOS floormats and NOS stickers on your car, shopping spree at autozone? those of us who mod our car tastefully are not ricers...a definition of a ricer is well....you
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

I feel really bad because you've already got a good flaming, but really dude the things you're trying to do to your car are rice.
Old 06-04-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Are you sure the guy in the SRT-4 didn't have fully molded fiberglass door inserts or fiberglass dash or anything? The only time I've seen a respectably painted interior was with a lot of custom fiberglass work. Making it look good with stock dash pieces is near impossible. Why not just take a picture of your interior and have someone here paint it for you in Photoshop?