General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

2002 Lx Header problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZackCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Lx Header problem

Does anyone out their know of a Header for a 2002 Civic LX that wont cause any problems with the o2 sensor hook up or with the cat.
Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Re: 2002 Lx Header problem

there are several ways to get around throwing codes.
1. use a o2 simulator
2. use spark plug defouler trick
3. ex exhaust conversion
Old 04-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

First off, EX exhaust conversion is expensive- I know, I've done it. If you wanna do it though, youll need an EX header, a EX or Random Tech (dezod) downpipe, and an EX catback. If you think just using an EX header will work, it wont because the LX piping wont match up, plus youll loose your cat converter. your bet is to find an LX specific header- if it doenst have the bungs, then youll need to do one of the tricks listed above- but to my knowledge- I havent seen an aftermarket DX/LX header that HAD a cat in it, but I really havent kept my eye out of them. Best of luck.
Old 04-26-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

LX header and Magnaflow Exhaust comes with the downpipe for us LX drivers im doing this because i recently had HP racing header and custom exhaust....sucked hardcore and i havent had inspection in 4 months and im overdue so hopefully it didnt damage my O2 sensor which i see no reason for....but yeah LX or EXheader and magnaflow full cat back.
Old 04-26-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
LX header and Magnaflow Exhaust comes with the downpipe for us LX drivers im doing this because i recently had HP racing header and custom exhaust....sucked hardcore and i havent had inspection in 4 months and im overdue so hopefully it didnt damage my O2 sensor which i see no reason for....but yeah LX or EXheader and magnaflow full cat back.
NO this wont work. you will still need the intermediate pipe. the magnaflow does not come with a down pipe.... the lx header does away with the cat converter, the only people that make an lx header is obx. its shatty quality though. actually kamakazie also makes one that comes with the down pipe to connect to an exhaust. the magnaflow only goes to the intermediate pipe not all the way to the manifold/cat