General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

need help. again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
need help. again.

So, the Honda has given me nothing but problems lately. I was on my way back from Houston today and my car stalled out. Just started jumping and everything electrical shut off. I still had steering and brakes though. I pulled over and realized a ground wire had been torn out of it's ground. I did some shitty mechanical work on the highway and shoved the ground wire(which was the one from the frame to the tranny) in between the screw. It started right back up.

I got home and was fixing the ground, and my radio came on. No keys or anything, so I was like... well that's odd. Anyways, I went to go start my car, now the bitch won't start at all. It won't turn over or anything. The electrical stuff comes on and all the indicator lights come on, but when I turn the key... nothing. I had this same problem like 2 months ago, and it was the ground. Now I know it's not the ground... so what the hell could it be? I need help pretty fast.
Old 03-18-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
check all ur fuses and relays....mabee u burnt one out?
Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
if all the fuses and relays are good, have the battery tested. if the battery is good, it could be the switch. the electrical part, not the cylinder.
Old 03-18-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
fuses and relays have all been checked.
unclejuice, which switch are you referring to?
Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
uh, the switch. its part of the ignition switch. its not the key cylinder you think about when you think ignition switch though. theres a little module that goes with it. when they go bad, **** goes wicked crazy. it connects to the cylinder part of the ignition switch. when you turn the key, it turns inside the module to make contact to the car starts and all the electronics come on. theyre usually 50-60 bucks.
Old 03-18-2007
I need a drop

would this be a gradual problem, or could it have just like... broke?
Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

it could be a gradual problem. i just replaced one for my grandmother. sometimes the car would start and sometimes it wouldnt. depends if its making contact inside the switch or not.
Old 03-18-2007
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Hmmmm... If your radio just kicked in without being in accessory or power mode, it sounds as though you've got some crossed wires somewhere. I'd check to make sure that nothing else got pulled or ripped when your mishap occured. In relation to your radio, it sounds like your accessory power went hot and became a constant. You may want to start there.