General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

S2000 steering wheel wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skunk2civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: S2000 steering wheel wiring question

Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08
ey skunk, i believe you where the one who thought me how do the DIY grill on Car domain and all those other stuff like pulley(even emailed me to help me out about those things). hehe now i remeber. Now, all you need is a RSX 05 leather seats haha
Really? That's cool. I remember back in early 2004 this one guy on cardomain.com (exclusive) had installed the mesh but didn't want to tell anybody how he did it because he wanted to be the only one with it. It pissed me off, really, so when I figured it out, I posted the DIY on cardomain. I've been thinking it would be cool to have some S2000 seats, but they are pricey and I'm not sure whether they would bolt right in or need mods to fit. They feel good, I kow that much. I haven't looked at RSX seats yet.... I'll have to check them out and sit in one. It'll be a while before I get seats though, because right now I'm saving up to get the rear disk brake swap.
Old 04-26-2007
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough

Hey skunk. I think I saw your car a few weeks ago. You were parked at blockbuster near the mall all crooked and **** . WHen i was riding by i was like WTF?? A modded 7thgen in albany thats not riced out?

But anyway, nice car. It looks great in person.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Haha! Yes, that was me. Nobody ever parks in that area at blockbuster, so I thought "why not put it on display?" Thanks for the compliments though. Appreciate it. I'm very seriously thinking about saving up to do a manual tranny swap because it's gonna be forever before I would be able to get a K20A2, and I'm so sick and tired of the car being in control of the gears.

Now that I've driven for a couple of weeks with this wheel, I've got to admit it's one of my favourite mods. It feels soooo nice. Just got to work on that tranny now!

Holy crap, Nick! Is that twin-turboed stang yours?

Last edited by skunk2civic04; 05-01-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i've seen that pic in people's sigs and avatar's before, so i'm gonna have to say no ^
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Just an update: No problems with the wheel itself, cruise control, horn, or SRS light.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

where did you buy your wheel?
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

I bought it from www.importautosalvage.com, a junk yard in North Carolina, for $375-$400 total. Can't remember the exact price, but it was well worth it in my opinion... $300 worth of it was my Christmas present from my parents! Haha!
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

Player_One is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a bit late on this but I believe on ClubRSX, what someone did was swap the entire detonator itself.

The RSX, EP3, Insight and S2000 steering wheels are all of the same design and airbags are interchangable. The RSX and EP3 are all dual stage. The JDM DC5-R was single stage like the early S2000/Insights.

The Insight, like the S2000 changed to dual stage in the same year. They use exactly the same airbag.
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

DaveyB407 is an unknown quantity at this point

could i put this on a 4 door 02?
Old 05-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I had an 02 S2000 wheel/bag on my car and never hooked up the bag. I recently switched it out for a newer bag with dual stage. I have yet to wire it up but the bag obviously fit perfectly on the old wheel.
Old 05-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I had an 02 S2000 wheel/bag on my car and never hooked up the bag. I recently switched it out for a newer bag with dual stage. I have yet to wire it up but the bag obviously fit perfectly on the old wheel.
Old 11-03-2009
Registered!!

asaeed18 is an unknown quantity at this point

From my research on honda-tech regarding the issue, I'm not so sure you have a working airbag even if the SRS light isn't on...

The system which uses a dual-stage inflator automatically adjusts the deployment of the driver and front passenger's SRS airbags based on the severity of the crash. During a slower speed collision, the dual-stage inflator system is triggered in sequence, resulting in slower overall airbag deployment with less initial force. During a high-speed collision, both inflators operate simultaneously for full immediate inflation, to correspond with the greater impact force.

The airbag will not function properly because it's a dual stage bag and won't deploy correctly with just one set of wires hooked up. BOTH detonators have to go off to fill the bag, the only thing that differs in light to hard crashes is the TIMING of their deployment.

If you use the single stage airbag, you may not really have one and you may risk more injury that if you left it disconnected... even if your SRS light is off, as this is only a matter of resistance in the wiring.

The design of the airbag deployment is different. My advice: BE SAFE, get an S2000 AP2 wheel/airbag since those are readily available and already engineered as dual stage then sell your single stage to someone with a single-stage SRS system to recoup some costs.