General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

How to adjust stock alarm sensitivity on 2002 Civic EX??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^Mines the same, probably we dont.
Old 02-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I looked last night and didnt see any **** to adjust. oh well.
Old 02-23-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
The factory alarm uses a status LED which is supposed to be mounted in the top column cover. (flashing LED in radio only indicates radio is Anti-Theft)

I think you would also have labels indicating an alarm on the passenger and drivers door windows. Not sure if immobilizer label is also present with alarm installed.
Old 02-23-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
yea there were 2 alarm stickers that came in the center console when i bought the car, so i put them on the rear passenger and driver windows, i dont remember what the name of the alarm is tho
Old 02-23-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Talking

Originally Posted by streetglower
I looked last night and didnt see any **** to adjust. oh well.
"Silencer" was the brand I bought.
Old 02-23-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
So your's is aftermarket then
Old 02-23-2006

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Nope Honda ISSUED this when I bought my car. Sales man said "Son Arizonia has the hightest theft rate in the nation, you dont wanta fall victom! Do Ya?" I said, "Install the alarm for an additional $250." Just so ya know I Bought it from Honda and it's called the "silencer"
Old 02-23-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Honda sells aftermarket stuff you know, and they install some stuff to.
Old 02-23-2006

Well the brand is silencer sooooo I dont know what elts to TELL YA!
Old 02-23-2006
Registered!!

grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 02-23-2006

http://www.aboutsecurityconcepts.com...?UCIDs=1272096

?
Old 02-23-2006

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Honda sells aftermarket stuff you know, and they install some stuff to.
The reason I said that is because a Honda dealer by me does all sorts of aftermarket stuff. They sell and install all Comptech and Spoon parts.
Old 02-23-2006

"SILENCER SECURITY KEYS & REMOTES"

Allright you found were I can get a new remotes! But I still have an OEM Honda remote. Thats the benifit of buying stuff at honda, I guess. They programed there remote to MY SILENCER alarm. But any way I'll just post up the pics like I said I would later on... soo other people reading this crap can still learn something out-side of OUR poitless CHATTER.
Old 02-23-2006

^^I seriosuly hope you're kidding me. i posted the link to see if any of that stuff looked familiar to you, since obviously you seem to be one of the few with an adjustable "oem" alarm...
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

PictureMeRollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, finally got around to crawling under my dash again and taking a picture of the shock sensor. Here it is!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	shock-sensor.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	64701  
Old 02-24-2006

Talking

THAK YOU^^^^ Soo you see the little screw... turn that clock wise to get you alarm MORE sensitive! Good job on the pic "picturemerollin!" I was lagg'in though on the pics! You guys can this now!
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

legend921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, there is silencer for the aftermarket alarm that interfaces with the keyless. I use an alarm by KARR and its really good. I like the use of the OEM remote instead of the aftermarket remote.