General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

engine and tranny swap!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gammarus is an unknown quantity at this point
engine and tranny swap!!!?!?!?!?!?!

hey guys whats up?!?!?! would it be possible for anybody to give me some info on swapping out an auto tranny for a 5spd and an engine swap. Do you guys know what shops are willing to do this I live in southern california and I am thinking of doing this if the price is right. I want to know if its even worth it because I am sooo damn tired of taking my auto civic up to glendora mountain roads and having people laugh at me for taking an auto civic . I tried researching previous threads on this subject but couldnt find, yeah I know I probably didnt look hard enough but oh well, anything. any and all info is appreciated guys thanks alot. oh by the way the car is an 02 EX coupe.
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Gammarus is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry about this new thread plz delete it whenever possible.
Old 02-04-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
if you want to keep your d17a2 (ex motor) all you need then is a 5speed tranny, and a new center console peice for the shifter. if you want a kswap, the its like ~3500
Old 02-04-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
well i figured he knew you need like the shift cables and what, most likely comes with the tranny any, same with the master/slave cylinder, clutch pedal is obvious since there isnt one in the car lol. i did forget about the ecu completly though