General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Camber Question.....?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Camber Question.....?????

I lowered my car about 1.5" tonight, and it looks like the back tires are slanted in a tiny little bit.....did anyone else
notice this with their Eibach or H&R Springs or anything ......??
Old 02-12-2002
Registered!!

Mokushi is an unknown quantity at this point
I have neuspeed sports and the drop in the back is 1.5" too. Yeah, there is a little more camber than stock, but with only a 1.5" drop, you don't need to get a camber kit, but it is just recommended because anytime you do a drop, the camber is affected to some degree...
Old 02-12-2002
Registered!!

Wheew...thanks Mokushi !!

I got home and was looking at my ride, and noticed it, and I figured it was normal, but wanted to find out from someone who had lowered their Civic.
I do know that a tiny degree of camber is actually good and helps in handling.....so that's cool. Thanks again man !!
Old 02-12-2002
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Our cars come stock with -.45 degrees camber in the rear to help handling. Anything more than that will A)look funny, and B) wear your tires faster. I always suggest with ANY drop you do it the "right" way and get a camber kit. I will probably be flamed for saying this too. Some people will say any drop less than 2" or 1.5", and your camber won't be off too bad, but I say, if your camber is different than stock at all, then you should take steps to correct it. I think the reason most people dont correct their camber is because of the initial investment cost, 200+ dollars for a complete camber correction kit up front, instead of having to replace tires more often, which over time, will add up to the cost of you just having bought a camber kit in the first place. Kind of like HID wanna be bulbs, they burn out quickly, which over time, will cost you just as much as real HID would have in the first place. Seems a lot of things in life are like that. Do it right the first time, and it will turn out better in the end.
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the info dude....When I call the shop today, I will ask them about it and see what they suggest, but like you said
tires are expensive as fu ck, so i will probably get a camber kit just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
0100010, couldn't have said it better myself. wait a couple weeks longer to save the $200 and get the camber kit. you may think it is a waste initially, but when you are buying new tires right and left, you will wish you had gotten it.
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

Slickwillie is an unknown quantity at this point
ummmm.. HID cost like $500, fake bulbs cost like $30 (and on average last about a year or so). It is alot more resonable to buy fake bulbs. I do agree with you about the camber though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Aaron
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point

<< ummmm.. HID cost like $500, fake bulbs cost like $30 (and on average last about a year or so). It is alot more resonable to buy fake bulbs. I do agree with you about the camber though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Aaron
>>

I don't know too many fake bulbs that last a year. from what I have heard people say, they usually last half that time. I guess if you get lucky they can last up to a year or more.
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of people don't realize what happens to the alignment when they lower their car. Most of the time you can't align anything but the toe afterwards unless you buy a camber kit. I know because I went throught the same thing about 5 years ago now with my accord. A lot of places don't even want to mess with TRYING to align your car and the insides of your nice expensive tires wear out faster than I care to rember. A 1 inch drop is the way to go in my opinion. Although, it doesn't give that cool lowered look.
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Your springs will settle some more still, up to about .5 an inch!! camber kit is not nessesary.
Old 02-14-2002
AJ
Registered!!

AJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I have Eibach sportlines on my car and it sets much lower in the back.