General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Injen CAI intake instructions figure #8 and step #5 making a 3" opening?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alienmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen CAI intake instructions figure #8 and step #5 making a 3" opening?

Anyone who got an injen CAI intake maybe you could be so kind as to help me out here. Was looking through the instructions before I put my intake on some time this week or next, and just have a couple questions. Where exactly is the plastic fastner point located at. I don't look at my engine much, and since the instructions do not give a general area as to where it is, I kinda want a general area to look. And the second question, how did you cut the 3" opening in the plastic splash guard? Did you guys drill a small hole and use scissors (would they even be strong enough), or did you use another tool to cut the hole?
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
i did cut anything you don't really need to, you can fit it without cutting, it'll be tight but you can do it........
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Amphiprion is an unknown quantity at this point
It is very flimsy.......I just used a serrated pocket knife.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

<< i did cut anything you don't really need to, you can fit it without cutting, it'll be tight but you can do it........ >>

That is great to hear. I was hoping I wouldn't have to cut something, but what about figure 8 "removing the plastic fastner from the bracket for better fit" Was this necessary and what noticable part of the engine compartment is it around. I'll probably find it when I look, but I would like to go out there with some type of knowledge.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
remove the plastic fastner??? not sure about that one, i dont' have the instructions anymore =p, anyways all you REALLY need to worry about is having some good tools, i had some crummy tools and it was hard as hell to take out some bolts, they were super tight...... if you have those mechanical ones, those kick butt, but regular ones will do, as long as you have a full set, most important is the 10..... anyways, its not as bad as you think it is, i'm a super newbie and i could do it, just take out th stock box, don't mess around with the battery compartment too much, i screwed up mines, then put in the top part , and put in the bottom part thorugh the bottom bumper part first, then connect them in the middle, think your gonig to need two ppl for that. hmm other then that, its pretty sweet, when you first start your car and stuff, your going to think "damn no difference" but try going over 3 RPM, its friggin sweet, then trying going out to 5 or 6, its a pretty good sound, as for performance, i dunno...... not too much of a difference but i would like to lie to myself and say it gave me some HP , but definately if you have auto even stick, the changing of gears seems smoother..... good luck!
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
u can ingnor that....
Old 02-04-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
yeah dont cut anything. i cut mine and i had to get some plastic bonder to put it back together. Itll just leave a fat gap and theres more chance of water sucking into the intake. its a tight fit but itll fit.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for all the info. netcbc, I know I can put it in had a '95 corolla I had put an intake into it, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to cut the 3" gap, and now I am not going to. If you all say there is no need and it fits, then I will make it fit. Thanks a lot