General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o4exowner has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Headlight Question

Well a while back my horn stopped working and so last week I went into the dealership and had them fix it. It turned out that my aftermarket spoilers light which looks OEM but is not factory.........pulled in more power than the true stock spoiler and caused a short when i hit the brakes. Now I am thinking about getting those new projector headlights for my 04 civic and I am wondering if any of you out there who have installed these projectors have had any problems such as a short or anything. Any help would be great

PS........what the hell post some pics of your 04 or 05 with these projectors

Thank you
Old 06-22-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
not many have projectors on the 04+ civics quite yet. but i know theirs a few around on these forums with them on their 04+ civics. i think they look real nice and add a luxurious look if done right. but i still think DIY blacked out headlights are better... heres a nice sample

as for your question, i think the cons of installing projectors over OEM headlights are:
-bad lighting output
-leaks... lights can fog up, water gets in?
-the lense arent as strong as OEM as OEM headlights can handle a beating with rocks/other objects on the highway

im not sure about short on the electricals, never heard anyone complaining about that one. but if you plan to go HID, projectors are the way to go over OEM.