General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

ELECTRICAL PROBLM!!! PLZ HELPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ELECTRICAL PROBLM!!! PLZ HELPPPP

i was hookin up mah new deck a couple of days ago n i think i shorted something coz now mah locks dont work when i arm my alarm or when i try to use the master control from the inside.....locks onle work when the key is on the II position, car doesnt even beep no more when u forget to turn off u'r lights. most of the things that should work when the key is on accessory dont work now.........u guys have ne ideas wut could have gone wrong?????????

im a electronic comp. tech so i could prolly fix the problem if onle i knew wat it is......im not that familiar w/ car electronics n wiring...so plzzz ne helppppp would be greatt...
Old 12-23-2001
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Did you check the fuses?
Old 12-23-2001
Registered!!

05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
WHICH FUSE???
Old 12-23-2001
Registered!!

Confinement is an unknown quantity at this point
all of them! haha yeah right there are too many check any of them that have to do with alarm, locking and stuff like that and if you cant find anything then i suggest you go through all the fuses and if that doesnt work then i suggest you go to the dealer. they usually will have some bullsh't story and explanation and huge payment that you have to do and then you will be all set
Old 12-23-2001
Registered!!

SlvrEX5spd is an unknown quantity at this point
if had that problem, sounds to me like it is the fuse labeled BACKUP, it is red 10amp little one.......ide check that first, if not.........i wish u luck
Old 12-23-2001
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
yeah check the fuses.. that happened to me last week.. my locks did not work either.. i took it to the dealer and they saw that i opened up my console and stuff.. and immediatly blamed everything on my aftermarket alarm.. wut a buncha fuqqqqerss!!!!..

so i go exchange my radio.. and the best buy tech installs it for me too.. he finds out taht the number 8 fuse (acc/radio) on the inside fusebox was blown.. and the optional fuse under the hood was blown..

he said if the honda people usually jux look at ur car.. if anything looks tampered with.. they blame it on that... THIS IS SO TRUEE...
cuz if they really checked my car.. they woulda just found out that i blew 2 fuses..

anyway.. pretty sure its just a fuse.. check all of them inside and out