General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn signals

Last week my right front and back turn signals started blinking 2 times as fast. The inside blinker stopped working every time and now it does not go on at all. I’m still new to working on cars and did not know what the deal was and if I had to change the inside light it would have been better for me to bring it to the dealership.

Well I take it in and 4 hours latter I call to chex up. The guy says you have some aftermarket parts on so he did not want to touch any thing. Well I tell him that its just a box with 4 switches on. He then said was the problem. I said it only feeding off the battery take off the wire and it will still do it.

Well latter he called and said its still doing it and now the turn signals would not go off. So now they made the issue worse. Well im home from college for the weekend so I need my car Monday to drive back and they are ordering parts for the car. I asked what was wrong with it they said it was back feeding energy. I asked what parts and they would not tell me and just said your getting a free rental and they have never seen this problem before.

So now im with no car to go back to school with since im not 21 and cant use a rental and they wont even tell me whats wrong with ma baby. This is the 3rd time I have taken it to them. The first time they over filled the oil and was leaking all over the place. I took it back in and they said nothing was wrong with it but all of a sudden problem was fixed and oil levels was where it was supposed to be. The second time my front left tire was wearing down really fast and they said it was my fault that was driving it hard. I take pride in my car I don’t speed I don’t street race and I don’t take turns fast infact I only have 17,000 miles and it’s a 2001. I have now been threw 3 front left tires 1 kind of exploded and have warn down all the way and they still say its my driving.

If any one knows what might be the issue that would rock. Honda has won me over for the rest of my life on there cars. You would think they would try to be helpful to keep me a Honda costumer. Im so temped to drive in when I get my rsx type s swap and say did I void my warranty now( add some swears)
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
first off, why would you get a rsx type s swap if you dont speed, dont street race and barely drive your car (17,000 miles on a 01.)That would be a waist of money. second, if you have excessive tire where on the front left tire, have your allignment checked. Maybe it is way off and needs to be corrected. with the lights, you probably messed something up if you were working on it. basically dont let honda fix it unless all hope is gone.
Old 10-05-2003
Boosted Auto

on the swap, reason i dont race is why race when all i have are i/e with a 4 door? its pointless untill i get the swap. and on the milage, place i have been talking to said if its under 20,000 miles they may buy it off me wich will take the price down on the swap 1 grand or more. plus the reason its so low is only when im home from colege i drive it. so thats only 4 months out of the year. right now i have only been going to car shows with my club and going to import wars. just becouse i dont race or show does not meen that i dont want to.

and on the lighting system i have not touched any thing other then to put one wire directly to the batterie by a friend that works with computers and car sound systems.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
Reading that hurt my head, I have seen 5 year olds type better sentances than that. Please use some proper english and don't leave the important words out. You also spelled battery wrong....
Old 10-07-2003
Boosted Auto

ok first of all i was typing that fast due to i was doing homework same as right now. so i did not have time to put it threw spell chex on winword. im also dislexic so i have problems spelling. i came for help on an issue not to be insulted by you. so far i love this place every one has been so helpfull and kind. so sorry if i spell bad but thats me get used to it. also i have been a long time reader and just signed up. i still dont post that much due to i did not want a comment like you gave me.

update: the problem is fixed when i put on my cai one of the grounds came lose
Old 10-07-2003
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
Connie,
Who do you think you are?!?! This is not English class so who cares if he spelled a few words incorrectly. Besides, you not only have a run-on sentence, you spelled sentence wrong! Think before you speak...or type for that matter.
Old 10-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
ha ha this **** is funny
Old 10-08-2003
Boosted Auto

no really im hurt i cryed for 2 days

jk haha
Old 10-08-2003
Registered!!

blue87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Spelling contest????? hahahahah lol you both are too funny!!!!!!!!!!