Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Question about Leakage in my Civic

Old 12-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayeDee369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about Leakage in my Civic

Hi, I'm from New York and we recently had a Noreaster in our area. It was heavy rain all day and I was driving. After maybe 4 hours of driving, I noticed that I had about an inch of water in my car. My question, where should I begin looking for this leak. This is a first for me, before the carpet would be damp and the back seat on the passenger side would have a small spot of water but having an inch of water in my car is something new. I am guessing it's coming from the trunk, but I would like some help as far as where to look. I would like to try and seal this thing before another storm has me swimming in my car. Thanks
Old 12-04-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Question about Leakage in my Civic

Do you have a sunroof?

Any water in the trunk?
Old 12-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

make sure all the doors are sealing properly, you can adjust how far they close using the rubber stoppers on the door insides. try and see where the water is coming in from.
Old 12-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Awjvail
Do you have a sunroof?

Any water in the trunk?
No sunroof, I have water in the trunk.
Old 12-06-2009
Registered!!

Okay, I'll take a look. Is there any place else I should look since I have water coming in the trunk as well?
Old 12-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well for the trunk, its either coming in from the taillight seals (there are foam gaskets), the main rubber trunk seal, or from one of the side rear window moldings if its loose or water is getting thru the clip holes. get in the trunk and have someone spray the car with water, or wait til it rains again. see if you can spot where the drip is coming from. you prolly should remove the carpet pieces and stuff too. if you cant see where the drip is coming from, its most likely the rear side door moldings.