Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

explain me this...

Old 07-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e-teckk will become famous soon enough
explain me this...

ok so I was taking a drive with ma friend (I got an automatic), once I hit about 50-60 mph he told me to switch from (D) to (2) and I felt a big *** pull and pretty much redlined ma civic lmaoo
I just want to understand what happened technically and was wondering if anybody can explain it to me and if its bad for my car
Old 07-21-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: explain me this...

you force downshifted to second gear. dont do that too much or bye bye trans.
Old 07-21-2009
Registered!!

gotchaaa, and damnnn deff not doing that again lmaoo
thanks for the info
so like doing that just pretty much keeps ma rpm's high and vtec is on for longer?
I got muchhh to learn lmaoo
Old 07-21-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well you could also do it by flooring the gas pedal. but its not good for the trans to downshift all the time. just drive normal lol. or if you need more power going up hills and such, keep it in d3 so you stay in 3rd gear.
Old 07-21-2009
Registered!!

true
well it was fun while it lasted..... cuz I really cant afford to mess anything up
lmaoo
smh
thanks again
Old 07-21-2009
Premium Member

also, putting it in "2" is dangerous because it locks out the trans so that you stay in second gear no matter what. if you rev past redline, motor is dead. also when you stop, it stays in second and will not switch to third. this option is good if you are trying to move from a stop on icy roads and dont want the car to dart forward. its also good if youre cruising between 15-25mph and you dont want the trans to keep switching between 2nd and 1st. using D3 will make the car drive like normal (1-2-3 gears) except there is no 4th gear. good when you are driving in hilly areas where car isnt powerful enough to maintain speed. D (or D4, since it uses all four gears) should only be used on flat roads and highways.
Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

laelowimports is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like your friend is an idiot. He could have screwed your car.
Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

JREJ8 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol your friend is a idiot.
Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
also, putting it in "2" is dangerous because it locks out the trans so that you stay in second gear no matter what. if you rev past redline, motor is dead. also when you stop, it stays in second and will not switch to third. this option is good if you are trying to move from a stop on icy roads and dont want the car to dart forward. its also good if youre cruising between 15-25mph and you dont want the trans to keep switching between 2nd and 1st. using D3 will make the car drive like normal (1-2-3 gears) except there is no 4th gear. good when you are driving in hilly areas where car isnt powerful enough to maintain speed. D (or D4, since it uses all four gears) should only be used on flat roads and highways.
ok, I get it now
this is what I was trying to figure out cuz ma friend tried to explain it to me but the way he said it was weird

anddddd he is an idiot, I know lmaoo