Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Cluster Not Working

Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough
Cluster Not Working

Okay (long story short) while in torrential downpours, we decided to put in a new cigarette lighter, that worked for a minute but then -somehow- ended up not working... Fuse number 17, the one for all the climate controls ended up blown, i fixed that. The cigarette lighter still won't work, but now the freeking cluster doesn't work! Lights work for it, Fuel Gauge works, but the spedo, tach, temp, do not work. Idk if there's a fuse for the cluster or not.. i don't have my fuse box diagram. -I have a '97 Civic Ex. I guess the 1st windshield wiper setting won't work either, but the other two do. This is a mess...some of the fuses might have got switched around too, not sure about that though.

Please, please help me!

-Thanks

Last edited by civicplaya; 04-26-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cluster Not Working

check "small light" fuse?
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

would small light fuse be why the spedo, tach, and temp gauge don't work?

-thanks
Old 04-26-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its possible yes. anything else not working?
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Everything that i've noticed so far that do not work are the spedo, tach, temp gauge, cigarette lighter, and the 1st setting of the wiper speed. but the other two settings on the wipers work.

-thanks
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

Okay after replacing a blown fuse everything works except the cigarrette lighter.

Originally Posted by gearbox
check "small light" fuse?
What is the "small light" fuse? Like the fuse name?

-Thanks
Old 04-27-2009
Premium Member

i think thats the name. not sure where it is lemme check the owner manual if i can find it. 12v socket plug has its own fuse i believe.
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

jdwoo87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a problem awhile back where my fuse kept blowing on the 12v socket and later found a penny in it. Haha!!

I like to use the cigarette lighter circuit for aftermarket electronics, have you or anyone else wired anything to that circuit? If so, definitely check all of it for possible shorts.
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

^No, only use it for GPS.

But everything seems to be working now... the positive terminal that goes to cigarette lighter wasn't plugged in the right place on fuse box. Used multimeter and found the one i had it plugged into, didn't give any charge. So i must have plugged it into the wrong one yesterday.

Thanks for the help though guys! Oh I also noticed there were 9 fuses that weren't there. :S
Guess I'm going to get some now.

-Thanks
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

Oh yeah, spedo, tach weren't working because of blown fuse also...
Old 04-27-2009
Premium Member

dont put fuses everywhere lol. alot of fuse are missing cause your civic doesnt have the extra options like heated seat, etc. its not supposed to be full.