Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

driver door keeps unlocking 99 civic ex

Old 04-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicempress is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking driver door keeps unlocking 99 civic ex

Any suggestions as to why the driver's side door will radomly unlock itself and the other doors and then continue to click. When i push down the lock or the lock switch on the driver's door it will immediately unlock. Somedays the door will stay locked and other days it does not want to stay locked. I have already changed the actuator and removed an old after market alarm that i had on the car. the alarm only had starter kill and allowed me to have keyless. any suggestions would be great
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97EXSweetSusie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: driver door keeps unlocking 99 civic ex

well lets see are you in the car? are all the windows rolled up when tryin to lock it? ummm only thing I know is it trys to make sure you dont lock yourself out so it TRIES to help you out but idk my buddys car was doin thatfor a while all the windows have to be rolled up and the doors all closed otherwise it doesnt lock. but idk srry im to much help
Old 04-24-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: driver door keeps unlocking 99 civic ex

There is a similar post on the board, IIRC for this generation Civic. (could not locate it)

Take the electrical connector loose from the power lock switch, then try the car for a while to see if problem still occurs.

Assuming these models don't have passenger side lock switch anymore either ?? If so take it loose as well.