Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

2003 Civic LX clutch slave click.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mattx852 is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Civic LX clutch slave click.

Hi guys. I have an 03 LX with ~182,500 miles on the clock. I was just driving it when I noticed a clicking noise when depressing the clutch pedal. It clicks once, sometimes twice when the clutch is almost to the floor. When I got home I popped the hood and listened to it with the engine off. It seems to be coming from the slave cylinder I can hear and feel a click in the slave itself. Does anybody have an idea of what this can be? I did some research and saw the shaft under the boot on the slave cylinder may need grease where it connects to the clutch fork, but many say this is the fix for a squeaky clutch. This is more of a click or a pop. I would really appriciate it if somebody has experience with this that they would like to share or any ideas. On a side note everything seems to be business as usual with the way the clutch feels and grabs. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you guys.
Old 07-19-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2003 Civic LX clutch slave click.

Throw some grease on it and see what happens. Usually it squeaks but it might be binding or something.
Old 07-20-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2003 Civic LX clutch slave click.

The clutch master cylinder is also well known to make pop and creak noises, and sounds travel

LINKYCLICK--> https://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/files/tsb/a02-002.pdf