Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Building solid motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fatcatter01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Building solid motor mounts

Has anyone ever built a solid set of motor mounts to bolt on car will be drivin on a rough dirt track at high speeds and rubbin is racin in these races was curious if it would be more likely to break something thanks
Old 03-23-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Building solid motor mounts

I have with my OEM 2002's mounts. I didn't quite fabricate my own mounts, but I modded my OEM mounts to be solid poly mounts instead of more flexible rubber

I didn't feel like shelling out the dough for replacement mounts, so I bought some DevCon Flexane 80 and filled my failed front and passenger/tranny mounts. Comes in 3 hardness levels: 60, 80, and 94 (softest to hardest). On my old mounts, the bushing the bolt went through could pretty much be pulled out once not bolted in. They never failed after the fix, and I rocked those mounts for 6-7 years in (mostly) dry desert vegas heat.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...or-mounts.html

Pics in that thread don't work anymore, and when I bought the stuff, it ran me $30.
Now, price for that stuff is like $50 on amazon Now, price for that stuff is like $50 on amazon

Basically, here's how I did it:
1) Pull mount out
2) Make a cardboard backer for one side of the mount (to keep poly from dripping out) and attach/seal with with tape (I used duck tape). If your mounts are busted, make sure the cardboard backing holds the bushing in place where it needs to be. If you're working with in tact mounts, just make sure the cardboard keeps urethane from flowing into that bushing.
3) Set the mount so it's level, and mix and pour the poly mix until it's flush with the non-cardboarded side. (repeat for other mounts)
4) Allow to cure for 24-48 hours. Cut off cardboard/tape backer and trim as you feel necessary with a razor blade.
5) Reinstall mounts on car.
6) Happy dance.

p.s. I think the 1lb kit was good for 2, maybe 3 mounts.