alternator removal - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2015   #1
Registered!!

joancasti is an unknown quantity at this point
alternator removal

Hello folks, can anyone tell me if the 1999 civic alternator can be removed from under the hood, or is it removed from underneath. I had just replaced the timing belt, pump etc. and decided to removed the alternator, however the lower blot was frozen with rust. I had to remove the bracket as well. That could only be removed by pushing the engine ahead and dropping it down. Enlighten me please!
joancasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015   #2
Modtarded!

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: alternator removal

Are you SURE you want to remove it?

Looks like this (potentially high?) guy can barely remove it from the top, and that's if you can remove the bracket. Someone in the comments mentioned dropping it instead.

At about 37:40 this guy gets his out the bottom. Looks like an ordeal, for sure.

Poopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015   #3
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: alternator removal

I'd take it out the bottom.
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote