Transmission Oil Disappearing? - Honda Civic Forum


Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2014   #1  
Registered!!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
knightress is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission Oil Disappearing?

so i have a 2008 honda civic. And the tranny oil is "disappearing" ......there is no oil under the car when i move it, and i cannot see where it is going, and i can't see a trail under the car or anything? I have refilled tranny fluid from empty to full 2 times in the last 6 months. Is this normal? and if not does anyone know why this could be happening?
knightress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance
 
ezone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Deep in the midwest, aiming about mid-chest
Posts: 29,886
Rep Power: 402
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission Oil Disappearing?

Look in the radiator and overflow bottle.
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015   #3  
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 47
Rep Power: 0
honda200192 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Transmission Oil Disappearing?

If your car has a transmission cooler( which I don't think it would) or if your transmission cooler hooks in with your radiator..I'd check like the guy posted before me said.. Your radiator/reservoir. Other then that..really if your having to add transmission fluid that often I'd say 98% of the time its cause its leaking somewhere. The other 2% is something like its leaking into the radiator itself. But and don't quote me on this but I wouldn't think Honda civics come with transmission coolers..iv got an 01 civic EX and I don't have one but maybe the new ones do. Good luck man..
honda200192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015   #4  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance
 
ezone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Deep in the midwest, aiming about mid-chest
Posts: 29,886
Rep Power: 402
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission Oil Disappearing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda200192 View Post
If your car has a transmission cooler( which I don't think it would)

but I wouldn't think Honda civics come with transmission coolers..iv got an 01 civic EX and I don't have one but maybe the new ones do.
ALL of the automatic transmissions use a heat exchanger of some sort to cool the fluid. Your 01 car has a cooler inside the radiator, and the 8th gen car of the OP has a liquid-liquid heat exchanger (ATF-antifreeze) mounted on the front of the trans.


HTH
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Honda Civic Forum Replies Last Post
Oil filter for power steering system that use fluid RIPSAW Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance 7 11-06-2015 04:36 AM
1998 Civic LX - transmission slips at times MamaBear2015 Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 9 06-27-2015 09:49 PM
98 Civic EX hesitation accelerating? Kyrian Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 2 06-26-2015 11:48 AM
Automatic Transmission Filter Plugging - Thinking Outside the Box Solution??? 97-DX-Lover Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 5 06-14-2015 06:07 PM
Engine hot gear hard sysblack Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 2 05-13-2015 08:55 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.