Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Long term Maintenance-2002 Civic Lx Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisdesmarais is an unknown quantity at this point
Long term Maintenance-2002 Civic Lx Coupe

Hi I just bought my first car, its a 2002 Honda Civic Lx Coupe with 188,000 miles. The reason i bought such a high mileage car is because it was one owner and absolutely mint, the car looks completely new! It is a manual and drives very well makes no abnormal sounds and all components work with ease. So my question is there any things I can do now that well increase the longevity of the car. All the regular maintenance is up to date but are there any built up residues I can clean, any parts that I can replace to increase the life span of the car? I already plan on replacing the timing belt and water pump.
I have a very wide range of tools at my disposal as well as time to work on the car with.
Old 07-27-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Long term Maintenance-2002 Civic Lx Coupe

Originally Posted by chrisdesmarais
Hi I just bought my first car, its a 2002 Honda Civic Lx Coupe with 188,000 miles. The reason i bought such a high mileage car is because it was one owner and absolutely mint, the car looks completely new! It is a manual and drives very well makes no abnormal sounds and all components work with ease. So my question is there any things I can do now that well increase the longevity of the car. All the regular maintenance is up to date but are there any built up residues I can clean, any parts that I can replace to increase the life span of the car? I already plan on replacing the timing belt and water pump.
I have a very wide range of tools at my disposal as well as time to work on the car with.
Well it's definitely not new but it's still a good choice! Post some pics!

Air filter
synthetic oil and a good filter
transmission fluid
brake fluid
brake pads
power steering fluid
clutch fluid
cabin air filter (for your sake)
This stuff: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-up-mods.html
Old 07-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drew0306 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poopies
Well it's definitely not new but it's still a good choice! Post some pics!

Air filter
synthetic oil and a good filter
transmission fluid
brake fluid
brake pads
power steering fluid
clutch fluid
cabin air filter (for your sake)
This stuff: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-up-mods.html
That about covers it.
Old 08-02-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Manual transmission fluid and engine oil With a good oil filter. It's probably the two most important things you can do to keep your engine running long