05 civic non start after slight front prang - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2013   #1
Registered!!

mayfly36 is an unknown quantity at this point
05 civic non start after slight front prang

Hi. My lad hit the civic today and now i cant get it started, is there a fuel reset or a setting procedure.
mayfly36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 05 civic non start after slight front prang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfly36 View Post
is there a fuel reset
Nope.
That's pretty much a Ford thing.

Start at square one and diagnose for a no-start.
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #3
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Nope.
That's pretty much a Ford thing.

Start at square one and diagnose for a no-start.

OK, im a uk owner and these honda civc DO HAVE a inertia switch, this is not only found i Ford. Drop down the glove box and the switch is on the side, press the reset button on top. Done.
Old 01-05-2013   #4

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfly36 View Post
OK, im a uk owner and these honda civc DO HAVE a inertia switch, this is not only found i Ford. Drop down the glove box and the switch is on the side, press the reset button on top. Done.
Well, I'll be darned. This is the first I have heard of it.
We don't get that feature in the US.

Did the owners manual tell about it?
Old 01-05-2013   #5
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Well, I'll be darned. This is the first I have heard of it.
We don't get that feature in the US.

Did the owners manual tell about it?
No owner manual, i asked a honda employee, he led me straight to the switch, car is now running. If i was you i would look behind the glove box out of curiousity, left hand side of the glove box, press the sides on the glove box in and let it flip down. It would be interested to see if its there, maybe the US dealers and technicians didnt want to let you know about it. Its a black relay about 2 inches long 1 inch wide, with a rubber cover on top, thats your reset button.
Old 01-05-2013   #6

Quote:
maybe the US dealers and technicians didnt want to let you know about it.
I am a Honda dealer tech.
In the USA.
I can assure you, our cars over here do not have this.
Old 01-07-2013   #7
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Wow. EZONE learned something new about a Honda today?

Lol That doesn't happen very often.
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #8
I'm such a Ricer!

mac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of light

hummmm well the fuel pump relay is in that location. perhaps the uk relay's are connected to a velocimeter to turn the fuel pump off on impact.
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi View Post
Wow. EZONE learned something new about a Honda today?

Lol That doesn't happen very often.
I don't get to see them foreign cars like that one there.

Hey, I learn all the time.
If I lose the ability to learn, I'm dead.
If I couldn't learn, then I might as well do roofing or upholstery...That technology doesn't seen to change much at all.

Or..
For every new thing learned, something must be forgotten. The human brain can only hold so much.