My Civic wont start - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2010   #1
Registered!!

nathanp1592 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Civic wont start

I have a 1999 Honda civic and i was on my way home from church when my car just shut off. i tried turning it back on but it wouldnt turn over. I checked my fuel pump, injectors and and spark plugs and distributor and found that my car was not getting spark but the distibutor turns so i know its not the timing belt . Can someone please help me, i am suppose to be bringing my new born baby home this week
nathanp1592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #2
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: My Civic wont start

alternator or battery is your problem
Muirsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #3
Registered!!

530matt is an unknown quantity at this point

the battery is turning the engine over, so its not the battery, if you havnt had to jump your car or put it on a charger latly it probly not the alt. either,
is the car throwing a check engine light (cel),

sounds to me like a dist. coil if it's not getting spark,
530matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #4
Registered!!

YSIDRAG is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=

sounds to me like a dist. coil if it's not getting spark,[/QUOTE]

Im willing to bet that the ignighter in the distributor is bad, 95% of the time this is what it is. check for spark at the plugs, if no spark you can do 1 of 2 things. Eather replace the ignighter and coil in the dist or you can buy a new dist and the whole thing is new.

Jay
Fabricated Performance
YSIDRAG is offline   Reply With Quote