Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

ok, by now...

Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackonBlackEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy ok, by now...

you might have seen some of the post i have put up about transmissions. Well i am in desperate need of a transmission for my 02 Auto EX. I've tried ebay and their prices are crazy! Craigslist isnt much help either. Can anyone help me out? Know of any places where i can get one for a reasonable price. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ok, by now...

http://www.car-part.com/
Old 04-09-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

junkyards are a good place too. might as well swap to a manual. much more reliable than the auto trans.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

thanks guys. anywhere else that could be of help?
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

that website i gave you is a uge junk yard database for used parts.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

yeah, thanks for that site but the prices are in the thousands. for a used transmission? seems pretty steep to me.
Old 04-09-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackEM2
yeah, thanks for that site but the prices are in the thousands. for a used transmission? seems pretty steep to me.
?!? Where do you live? and you can have them shipped depending on location.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

you obviously dident check all the pages they go down to 800 900 dollars guy.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

I live in Cali. $8-900 still much isnt it?
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

???? im not sure i never went trani hunting before but i would imagine that there would be a high demand for them given the problems they have.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

are these transmissions pretty faulty? mine went out at only 94k miles.
Old 04-09-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackEM2
are these transmissions pretty faulty? mine went out at only 94k miles.
You should learn to use the search function and visit the other forums...
This forum is not really for transmissions...
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...n-updated.html
And to add to that, my manual trans went out by 73k, but mine was lowered without camber kit and i do autoX.
BTW, 2k to rebuild it with beefier components and bearings including the work done.
listings in TN are 600 tops for transmission

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-09-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

Do you think it will be better to have my trans rebuilt instead of buying a used one and maybe it breaking down again?
Old 04-10-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

rebuild the old one with tciauto.com master racing kit. it will never break again, unlike the used trans youre planning to get. these factory transmissions are garbage inside.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ngOverhaulKits.
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

cool. so is this kit all i need to repair it? not anything else? Because i was looking at it, and it looks like it just comes with seal rings and what not. No hard pieces like the gears or anything.

Last edited by BlackonBlackEM2; 04-10-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah thats it. comes with every part you need. it does include hi performance red eagle clutches which is the most important piece to change. the oem version is defective.
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

will this kit work on the automatic transmission? Thats what i have, the Automatic Transmission.
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

is there a 04-05 kit or can i use this kit ???
Old 04-10-2010
Premium Member

the rebuild kit is for auto trans ONLY. it says 01-02, i was under the impression 01-05 used the same trans but im not sure on that. you may want to call tci and ask why they say it will not work for later models.
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

cool. my car is 2002. thanks a lot for your help.
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

could i swap a 01-02 trani into my 04 ???
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

remmick69 will become famous soon enough

Well i know its no help but heres a site where i got my tranny from only manual trannys only but good price and shipping... This could go well for anyone else who has a manual..

http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/main.sc
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
could i swap a 01-02 trani into my 04 ???
You could, but I wouldn't 01-02 transmissions are especially defective. They somewhat fixed the issue later on but the earlier years of the generation suck.
Old 04-10-2010
Premium Member

i think he wants to rebuild an 01-02 with tci kit and drop it into his 04-05. i dont see why it wouldnt work, alot of 01 owners have swapped in an 05 trans without issues.
Old 04-11-2010
Registered!!

I've also heard that you have to change the torgue converter too? does that come with the kit also?
Old 04-11-2010
Premium Member

ive never heard that and i dont think its required. it is not part of the kit. you can get the Level10 converter if you want, but thats a separate mod mostly if you race. a bunch of people have the tci kit for their auto trans (most have turbos) and they havent had any issues with slipping. ofcourse with any newly rebuilt trans, its always a good idea to get an aftermarket oil cooler and external filter to entend the life even more. heat kills transmissions.
Old 04-11-2010
Registered!!

ok cool. thanks again for your help