Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Windshield chips

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eLChiCho25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield chips

Hey guys.. I noticed my Civic windshield has tiny specks all over it.. and a few slightly bigger ones.. Sand grain size...Nothing major or dangerous but wondering if theres any general treatment for it.. aside from the big chip repair kits.. Thanks
Old 02-27-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Windshield chips

My windshield is not real old 2 years maybe, it has a lot of those.

I always figured they were nicks in the plastic coating and would be permanent.
Old 02-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah rock chips suck. my whole windshield is pitted and several of em are pretty big.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they sell windshield poly resin that is used to fill cracks and chips at any auto store but if your windshield is anything like mine your going to spend hours doing the entire windshield you could always get the windshield replaced for 300-400 bucks.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eLChiCho25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'll put up with it and look Through the glass rather than at it.. lol
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well it can get dangerous mine is pitted so much my visibility is low especially when i get headlights coming at me at night and it distorts like crazy and its evan worse in the rain.
Old 02-27-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is the same way because I do a lot of highway driving. I agree with lowlife, but it also greatly affects the visibility when I'm driving towards the sun!!! The glare that the pitting causes is unreal!!! I can't see a thing.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

holy crap i just found a local company called payless auto glass that will replace and install a new windshield for $168.00 dollars and they come to me to install it i wonder how the quality of installation will be i hear in a accident the windshield act as reinforcement.also leaking but it sounds tempting. it comes with a lifetime warranty against leaking and stress fracture.

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-27-2010 at 07:49 PM.