Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Does a 2002 Civic have a check engine light?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obamargarine is an unknown quantity at this point
Does a 2002 Civic have a check engine light?

For a long time my secondary O2 sensor was disconnected but the light wasn't on. Wouldn't the check engine light be on if there
's no signal from the oxygen sensor? I think the person I bought it from removed the check engine bulb.
Do civics have check engine lights or just the maintenance required light?
Old 01-08-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Does a 2002 Civic have a check engine light?

It does have a check engine light, and it should come on & go back off each time you start the car.
Old 01-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

01-02 civics and 01-05 dx/vp have bulbs for the warning lights, which can easily be removed. may want to take a look back there and see if the bulb is missing. i bet thats what happened cause he didnt want the light to be on due to the sensor not being there. stupid thing to do, cause then you dont know when hundreds of other things go wrong.
Old 01-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
01-02 civics and 01-05 dx/vp have bulbs for the warning lights, which can easily be removed. may want to take a look back there and see if the bulb is missing. i bet thats what happened cause he didnt want the light to be on due to the sensor not being there. stupid thing to do, cause then you dont know when hundreds of other things go wrong.
no your wrong gearbox. 01-05 DX and 01-02 LX/EX have LED's for the warning lights. only the crusecontrol light, blinkers, highbeam, autotranny selection and ilumination are bulbs. other idiot lights are 5mm LEDs on the board. only way if it dosent light up is if the wire is cut.

03-05 LX/EX is ALL surfice mount LED's. the same applys if the wire is cut it wont show up at all.
Old 01-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the correction. would think i should know that after opening over 10 clusters lol.