100,000 mile maintenance - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2009   #1
Registered!!

Night_hawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 100,000 mile maintenance

I'm comming up on 100K miles on my '03 civic ex manual transmission.. I've had a lot of people tell me different things that I should replace/update. So far the commonalities are:

1) Water pump
2) Timing belt
3) Spark plugs
4) Spark plug wires

Any other recommendations for parts that I should replace while my car will be in service up on jack? Thanks.
Night_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #2
30 Years Driving Japanese Autos

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 100,000 mile maintenance

I'm going to the recommended 110k on my 05s belt,water pump and tensioner.

Plugs were done at 85k

Uses coil packs and has no plug wires.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

everything else is just done as needed but you might be due for trans fluid, coolant, brake fluid, air filter, cabin filter, etc.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #4
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Do the filters yourself (save money and super easy!), get the coolant, tranny, and brake fluid flushed by dealership (will be expensive....) go to www.collegehillshonda.com and go to "honda parts catalog" on the left and you will enter your year and such and you can get all the replacement parts for cheap, just have the shop install them for you. That's what I do and it saves hella money in the end! For spark plugs, get NGK Iridium. For Spark plug wires go aftermarket because they will probably perform better and look better than stock
Staninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #5
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no wires for 01-05 civic
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #6
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
no wires for 01-05 civic
Yeah I just found that out... sorry!
Staninator is offline   Reply With Quote