Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Meguiars Plastx

Old 11-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pspbrewster is an unknown quantity at this point
Meguiars Plastx

Let me just say that I have tried headlight restoration kits before and none have been successful. In fact I tried a kit that made the headlights look worst. Today I decided to try Meguiars Plastx and all I can say is (WOW) my lights came out almost like new. After being so pleased with the way my lights looked I started buffing my Carbon Fiber hood. The hood looked white from the oxidation in the clear coat and this miracle compound brought the life of my hood back. I would rate this product 5/5.
Old 11-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
Re: Meguiars Plastx

Yea I use it with every wash. Headlights, tail lights, foglights!
Old 11-10-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
Yea I use it with every wash. Headlights, tail lights, foglights!
That may be my new ritual.
Old 11-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its good stuff. once you get the plastic looking good, i would use wolfgang clear plastic sealer to lock in the shine, bead water, and protect from sun. it lasts 1-2 months before you use it again.
Old 11-11-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
its good stuff. once you get the plastic looking good, i would use wolfgang clear plastic sealer to lock in the shine, bead water, and protect from sun. it lasts 1-2 months before you use it again.
I thought I was going to have to sand my hood and re-clear coat but thankfully Meguires saved me the trouble. Next time I'm in the store I will look for that sealer. Thanks
Old 11-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you cant find in stores, its a professional product and costs $40 for a bottle. i think i got mine from autogeek.net and its lasted me for several years.
Old 11-11-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
you cant find in stores, its a professional product and costs $40 for a bottle. i think i got mine from autogeek.net and its lasted me for several years.
I'm glad you said it lasts at least a year or two because for 40.00 that stuff is expensive.