Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Looking For Lifting Points

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saratoga is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking For Lifting Points

I am getting ready to change the oil in a 2009 Civic. I intend to use a hydraulic floor jack to raise the vehicle and jack stands to support it. I read the owner's manual but could not find where, under the vehicle, to place the hydraulic floor jack or where to place the jack stands. Any ideas?

Last edited by Saratoga; 03-04-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Correct typo
Old 03-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Looking For Lifting Points

Jack the front via one of the toe hooks, or better yet- via the center jack point. Its dead center just a few inches behind the bottom lip of the bumper- kind of tricky to find the first time with all the plastic under there, its slightly pronounced with a small hole in the center of it. ... double tripple check that its on your jack properly so it wont slip off. Slide the jack stands under the front doors, just behind the front wheels- you will see about 5 inch long double welded tabs, these are the jack stand support points that are designed to support the weight of your car.