Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

CAM2 High Octane Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLENTYofCARS is an unknown quantity at this point
CAM2 High Octane Fuel

Ok, i have 2 american "muscle" cars and i know that the Cam2 doesnt affect the fuel pump or delivery in anyway, but someone told me that it may damage something on my 07 Si. So my question to whoever wants to read and answer this is, will the high octane fuel ruin anything on this japanese rocket? BTW, i only plan on using 1 gallon with a full tank of gas.. Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me!
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CAM2 High Octane Fuel

Some high octane fuels are leaded so just be careful with that and make sure it's unleaded. Not sure why you'd want to run high octane unless you have an ems to tune for it.
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

uruguayanboy will become famous soon enoughuruguayanboy will become famous soon enough

are you talking about the pep boys high octane fuel???? because that one says "no damage to any engine"
Old 10-29-2007
Registered!!

Nitro Express is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not a mechanic, but I'm pretty sure todays cars are tuned for a specific octane. I don't think running a higher octane will do much of anything unless you are tuned for it.
Old 10-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

You know running a higher octane fuel doesnt mean more power right...

Read up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
Old 10-29-2007
Registered!!

HondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the rough

Hope this helps...

The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Knocking can damage an engine, so it is not something you want to have happening. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting.

The compression ratio of your engine determines the octane rating of the gas you must use in the car. One way to increase the horsepower of an engine of a given displacement is to increase its compression ratio. So a "high-performance engine" has a higher compression ratio and requires higher-octane fuel. The advantage of a high compression ratio is that it gives your engine a higher horsepower rating for a given engine weight -- that is what makes the engine "high performance." The disadvantage is that the gasoline for your engine costs more.

Read more here

A higher octane increases the stability of the explosion (i.e. a cleaner burn in the cylinders) and does not necessarily give you a bigger explosion, which would give you more power. Some would argue that the lower octane will give you more power because it is a more crude burn, although I can't see too much of a difference. With all that said higher octane is not going to "give" you hp. it "allows" you to make more power either by spraying a bigger shot of nitrous, running higher boost, etc. If increasing your gasoline's octane gives you more power, then that means you were using too low of an octane fuel before.
Old 10-29-2007
Registered!!

PLENTYofCARS is an unknown quantity at this point

all i know is when i went to the track in the beginning of the summer with my mustang, i did 1 run with normal 93 octane fuel and ran a 11.4 time, then another run with the CAM 2 high octane fuel i barely broke 10 (10.8). I just asked b/c im new to the whole import world and didnt know how it would affect the engine. A friend of mine told me i should throw a quart in just to see what would happen, but when it comes down to it, taking apart my engine really isnt something i feel like doing, so im just gonna keep my honda as my daily commuter car..thanks everyone
Old 10-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Running it once in a while wont kill your engine... it might eat away at the fuel tank junk, and not burn as cleanly, but youu shouldnt have to take apart your engine unless your running it fairly often.